The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo electric panel query

2 posters

Go down

Nuevo electric panel query Empty Nuevo electric panel query

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I decided yesterday that as I hadn't run the Nuevo for a week or so, I would hook-up electric and charge battery(batteries). On my panel I have a 3 way rocker for selecting which battery gets charged, marked 'Hab' and 'Vehicle' with a central position which I assume stops charge to either. At the top is another spring-loaded rocker switch for battery/water levels. Now according to my handbook, when on 240v hook-up, the battery level should show a continuous reading, mine is not doing this, but it shows a level when I press the top rocker to 'battery'. Is this how it should be or should it show a continuous reading.
I checked the battery power level yesterday before connecting 240v and both batteries shows near full charge. After leaving on 'vehicle' charge overnight, the power level has actually dropped now. That can't be right, can it?. I've just tested it with the rocker in the central position and pressed the top rocker towards 'battery' and it shows the same level of power as when the charge rocker is on 'vehicle'. Surely there should be no reading at all in this central position.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo electric panel query Empty Re: Nuevo electric panel query

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Paulmold wrote:I decided yesterday that as I hadn't run the Nuevo for a week or so, I would hook-up electric and charge battery(batteries). On my panel I have a 3 way rocker for selecting which battery gets charged, marked 'Hab' and 'Vehicle' with a central position which I assume stops charge to either. At the top is another spring-loaded rocker switch for battery/water levels. Now according to my handbook, when on 240v hook-up, the battery level should show a continuous reading, mine is not doing this, but it shows a level when I press the top rocker to 'battery'. Is this how it should be or should it show a continuous reading. - Point 1

I checked the battery power level yesterday before connecting 240v and both batteries shows near full charge. After leaving on 'vehicle' charge overnight, the power level has actually dropped now. That can't be right, can it?. I've just tested it with the rocker in the central position and pressed the top rocker towards 'battery' and it shows the same level of power as when the charge rocker is on 'vehicle'. Surely there should be no reading at all in this central position.  - Point 2

Hi Paul
You have the same system as my Gatcombe.
Point 1 above. Your operation is correct.   up!  The handbook info with electric hook up is incorrect.

Point 2. I believe the gauge only shows the health of the leisure battery, not the vehicle. I've just been out to check mine having read your post to be sure.  The rocker switch selects the battery to be charged and the spring loaded switch just enables the display to show the state of the leisure battery.

Hope that makes sense?

Basically yours is operating as it should

Regards
ohn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:08 pm

It sounds exactly like the panel on my old lunar which did exactly as you said. I never figured it out then either

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks both of you for clarifying. I'm still getting used to it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down