The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTEK battery level panel & charger input

3 posters

Go down

CTEK battery level panel & charger input Empty CTEK battery level panel & charger input

Post by CC Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Have just fitted this item by CTEK & thought I'd share it, it's a panel that shows the leisure battery status using a traffic lights system so easily visible at a glance, also it has an input for the CTEK chargers which allow you to just plug the charger directly into the panel then plug the other end into one of your sockets and you can charge your leisure battery using the safer 8 stage intelligent charging leaving it connected permanently without fear of damaging your battery. (When battery is full it will just pulse charge the battery to keep it topped up as and when required)

CTEK battery level panel & charger input 23lcwmu

CTEK battery level panel & charger input 11qon4n

CTEK battery level panel & charger input Kec5k8

Cost of the panel is around £20 and as you can see I've mounted mine below one of the bench seats directly in front of the battery compartment, it connects straight to your battery and has an inline fuse. I think it's a great item and now I can just leave the CTEK charger connected whenever it's not being used rather than rely on the inbuilt charger fitted. 

No template is provided but this is the cut out size from the website

CTEK battery level panel & charger input 2n9hjeu

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

CTEK battery level panel & charger input Empty Re: CTEK battery level panel & charger input

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Good tip - many thanks

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

CTEK battery level panel & charger input Empty Re: CTEK battery level panel & charger input

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Nice one CC.up!   Good mod

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:53 pm

What socket does that panel have for plugging in the charger?  On X250 Pugs the Vehicle battery is inaccessible under the cab floor so it would be very good fitted to that for ease of plugging in a charger but I have a Lidl CTEK type charger.  Can I get a suitable plug?

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:15 pm

If yours is one of the CTEK copies then it may have the same connectors. It takes the standard 2 pin connector that the CTEK uses, halfords sell the leads or you can get them on eBay or Amazon. For most people the standard comfort lead is enough and you can also get these with the inbuilt traffic lights for about another two or three quid extra.

This link is for the charger I have but it if you look at the pics on the page it shows the various lead options and shows the connectors available. 

[url=http://www.ctek.com/int/en/chargers/MXS 5.0]http://www.ctek.com/int/en/chargers/MXS%205.0[/url]

If your charger doesn't have the same connectors I see no reason why you cant splice into the wires and join one of the CTEK leads safely to give you the same connection instead of using the standard crocodile clamps most chargers use?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down