The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New(ish) Inca owner

+2
Peter Brown
Paulmold
6 posters

Go down

New(ish) Inca owner Empty New(ish) Inca owner

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello all! Bought our Inca in August and joined the forum today. Haven't been able to use it as much as we would have liked - it's going back to the dealer in a couple of weeks for rectification of a fairly major problem. What use we've had we have enjoyed greatly - very comfortable, easy to drive. (Particularly like the lighting when it's cold and dark outside.) Looking forward to getting away for extended periods, probably next year now though.
 Ours doesn't have swivelling seats. I'd like to fit a swivel to the drivers seat but someone said the extra height might make driving uncomfortable? Also, does anyone have a swivelling passenger seat?  And has the smallish water tanks caused anyone a problem? Look forward to hearing from you.smile!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New(ish) Inca owner Empty Re: New(ish) Inca owner

Post by Paulmold Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Welcome from N.E Wales  handshake 

I wonder why yours hasn't got a swivelling drivers seat, this MMM report says they do..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:59 pm

My INCA was an end lounge.  The drivers seat didn't swivel as the bathroom was behind it but the passenger seat did.

It was used a great deal with many rallies on greenfield sites and never had a problem with the capacity of either tank.

The reduction in toilet cassette size from our previous Duetto caught me by surprise but wasn't a problem after that.

Peter

Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. I think the swivelling drivers seat was an option. But would a retro fitted swivel possibly result in a higher seat than if fitted at the outset? (Although I can't imagine why it would)smile!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:33 pm

The video at the link above shows how to do it. It looks to raise the seat by about 3/4" which shouldn't be a problem.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilyco Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Welcome to the forum from West Yorkshire.
Bilyco
Bilyco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket launcher Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 pm

I have the ek superb van I have the swivel seat never use it
I also have small water tank no problem makes a great van for 2
we use the bunk to put the water bottles on that we use on site
use  a waste bottle otherwise takes fore ever for the sink to drain the oump can be noisy but otherwise a great van what is the snag its going back for?
rocket launcher
rocket launcher

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BROADWAY FIXED BED

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26 pm

rocket launcher wrote:I have the ek superb van I have the swivel seat never use it
use  a waste bottle otherwise takes fore ever for the sink to drain the oump can be noisy but otherwise a great van what is the snag its going back for?
Hi, thanks for that. By bunk, do you mean the bench seat opposite the dinette?
We like to use as 2 single beds - dinette makes up easily into a great bed, opposite bench needs the driver seat to be slid all the way forward, and an infill "benchette" inserted. The result is also a great single bed, but I wondered if the same result could be got by just swivelling the drivers seat around.

It's going back to have the entire fresh water system replaced - diesel contamination. We didn't do it, the dealer says they didn't know about it, but they are replacing the system at their own cost and giving us a courtesy car for the duration - about 10 days. I'll be happy just to get it back in a usable condition.
Where have you been with yours?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi there,

Welcome from a warm but dry and windy sud France. sun keep_cool keep_cool 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi Candapack and a big welcome from another newbie wave

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket launcher Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:47 pm

By bunk, I mean the overhead cab really good for putting everything from bedding to water bottles when travelling  

the  "benchette" has to be inserted you do not get the same result spinning/swivelling the drivers seat around as there is a gap and it will not fit flush.

another good hint is to use the memory foam toppers about an inch thick on top of your beds that way you don't feel the gaps in the cushions

I use an aqua roll to fill up the tank on site with a whale pump which plugs in the cigarette charger to transfer from roll to tank
here is one on the bay   350649468763

you also get a terrible draft or temperature difference from the front cab its worth hanging a blanket from the top bunk and hanging
behind the seats to segregate the 2 areas

Also bought some lillypad windblockers the ones with the inner linings
really good for summer use double to size of your living space sides have to be made to measure size

I usally go to the lakes but have also travelled midlands and cromer when I do the 2 weeks summer
rocket launcher
rocket launcher

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BROADWAY FIXED BED

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:53 pm

rocket launcher wrote:By bunk, I mean the overhead cab really good for putting everything from bedding to water bottles when travelling  

the  "benchette" has to be inserted you do not get the same result spinning/swivelling the drivers seat around as there is a gap and it will not fit flush.

another good hint is to use the memory foam toppers about an inch thick on top of your beds that way you don't feel the gaps in the cushions

I use an aqua roll to fill up the tank on site with a whale pump which plugs in the cigarette charger to transfer from roll to tank
here is one on the bay   350649468763

you also get a terrible draft or temperature difference from the front cab its worth hanging a blanket from the top bunk and hanging
behind the seats to segregate the 2 areas

Also bought some lillypad windblockers the ones with the inner linings
really good for summer use double to size of your living space sides have to be made to measure size

I usally go to the lakes but have also travelled midlands and cromer when I do the 2 weeks summer
Thanks for that. Yes, we use memory foam toppers, sleeping in the van is better than at home.
Still thinking about an aquaroll/pump as opposed to a hose - hose takes up less room but of course you have to move the van. Or maybe just a smallish container, a funnel, and lots of healthy walking!
Ours came with curtains that separate the cab and hab areas, but we will be getting silver screens as well.
We're hoping not to stay put for more than 2/3 days at a time, travelling through Europe (we're retired, highly recommended) so don't want to be fiddling about with awnings etc.

Enjoy your travels!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm

candapack wrote:
rocket launcher wrote:I have the ek superb van I have the swivel seat never use it
Hi, thanks for that. By bunk, do you mean the bench seat opposite the dinette?
We like to use as 2 single beds - dinette makes up easily into a great bed, opposite bench needs the driver seat to be slid all the way forward, and an infill "benchette" inserted. The result is also a great single bed, but I wondered if the same result could be got by just swivelling the drivers seat around.

It's going back to have the entire fresh water system replaced - diesel contamination. We didn't do it, the dealer says they didn't know about it, but they are replacing the system at their own cost and giving us a courtesy car for the duration - about 10 days. I'll be happy just to get it back in a usable condition.
Where have you been with yours?

Well, 10 days was a bit optimistic - picked it up today. A bonus is that the new fresh water tank is 80 litres, old one was 50. Everything looks OK but we'll keep an eye on things for the next few weeks!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Good result. Fingers crossed for you  peace

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down