The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post by Snapperf5 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Hello

I have just bought a Trident vwt5 hight top on a 07 plate.
We have just spent our first night in it and we love it. I'm looking for help with some minor repairs etc which led me here.
Hello to all
Al
Snapperf5
Snapperf5

Auto-Sleeper : Trident

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post by stevomar Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Al (Snapperf5) and welcome to the forum -Sounds like a nice van you've bought there.

What are the minor repairs that you need advice on ?

Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

New member Empty small problems

Post by Snapperf5 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Stevo

I broke the drain tap on the fresh water tank, are they easy to find?
I also have a slight leak on the drain pipe. Its where the pipe is connected to the water tank. I'll get under the van this week and tighten the bracket. Is this common?
Do you know how I get at the fresh water filter? I wanted to take it out and clean it.
One last thing, I know this was talked about a few weeks ago. The covering on the fridge door has started to peel. It looks like it's heat wrapped. I was thinking of using an iron on a low heat to flatten it and then gluing it. Not sure what glue would be best.
Apart from that the couple I bought it from looked after it well. I have to say I love it already
Cheers
Al.
Snapperf5
Snapperf5

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Welcome to the forum

You should be able to get a tap from a dealer, you dont say where you are but an example in the North West would be Spinney. We have a few Trident owners on here someone will be along soon to answer your questions
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Al
The drain taps on the fresh and waste water tank are prone to breaking - especially when you clatter a speed bump as I did. Replacements are readily available from Autosleepers. You have to drop the tank though to fit them so it might be worth doing it at the same time you try to cure the leak on the drain pipe. As for the fresh water filter mine doesn't have one so I can't help on that one. Maybe yours is an aftermarket fitting ?
You may have read on a previous thread about flattening the vynyl on the fridge using on of those wallpaper seam rollers. Can't advise which glue to use though.I guess it would be a case of looking at the intructions on the shelf in B & Q etc.
Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by Snapperf5 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks Guys
I'm in Cardiff and there is a dealer nearby in Barry. I don't know if I defo have a filter it's just the manual tells you to clean it for the winter, maybe I haven't. I'll ask when I get the Tap. The taps are on the end of flex pipe so I don't need to drop the tanks. If I solve the trim problem I'll let you know
Cheers
Al.
Snapperf5
Snapperf5

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm

asnapparf5
A water butt tap from the likes of B&Q is the cheapest way to replace your broken tap.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Snapperf5 wrote:Hi Stevo

I broke the drain tap on the fresh water tank, are they easy to find?
I also have a slight leak on the drain pipe. Its where the pipe is connected to the water tank. I'll get under the van this week and tighten the bracket. Is this common?
Do you know how I get at the fresh water filter? I wanted to take it out and clean it.
One last thing, I know this was talked about a few weeks ago. The covering on the fridge door has started to peel. It looks like it's heat wrapped. I was thinking of using an iron on a low heat to flatten it and then gluing it. Not sure what glue would be best.
Apart from that the couple I bought it from looked after it well. I have to say I love it already
Cheers
Al.

Hi I have a 100m x 1m roll of dark teak sticky backed Fablon if you require any I will post in a cardboad tube
just PM me
Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Snapperf5 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks Guys
off to B&Q for a tap as the dealer closest has now gone. Thanks for the offer Alf (sticky back Fablon). I won't need it. I just have to glue a few edges down.
drinksallround
Cheers
Al
Snapperf5
Snapperf5

Back to top Go down