The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T4 Trooper TV Mount

2 posters

Go down

T4 Trooper TV Mount Empty T4 Trooper TV Mount

Post by Davismo Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:09 am

Hi,

Having had a horrendous motorway experience with my youngest this summer I've been thinking about a DVD player for the van.  Headrest mounted units are just too small for the distance away from the back seat, so I want to fit a combi TV.

The problem is that the interior is quite efficient shall we say and there are very limited opportunities - I did think about the mini bulkhead between the cab and hab area but would need a bracket that can rise up into the pop-top to get is out of the way. I haven't yet found anything suitable.

My latest idea is to fabricate (or get fabricated) a bracket that slots into the front table bracket.

I'd be grateful for any ideas or pictures if anybody has done something similar in a Trooper.

Many thanks, Dave
Davismo
Davismo

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

Back to top Go down

T4 Trooper TV Mount Empty Re: T4 Trooper TV Mount

Post by johnnybee Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Hey Dave, did you ever come up with a solution for a TV?

We are thinking to convert the cupboard with the cages in to a tambour (sliding door) so that we didn't have to play the cage shuffle game and mount a TV on top of that on a bracket.

Male

Member Age : 42
Auto-Sleeper : VW trooper

Back to top Go down

T4 Trooper TV Mount Empty Re: T4 Trooper TV Mount

Post by Davismo Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't yet sorted a TV mount for the van yet, but your solution sounds like a neat one...

Kind regards, Dave
Davismo
Davismo

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

Back to top Go down