The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

campsite charges

+7
raymondo
Paulmold
Tommy-Darcy
shotley59
Dutto
minky58
Sookey
11 posters

Go down

campsite charges Empty campsite charges

Post by Sookey Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:31 pm

I remember when you could book a pitch for a very reasonable, inclusive charge per night - alas, no more.  Its now per pitch/adult/child/dog/hook up/ awning/shower/car/visitor/late stay  - have I forgotten anything scratch head 

And just to make me really so angry  ,  I was browsing the free winter campsite guide that came with the latest MMM and came across a site in Rutland. A county I have never visited and it looked really inviting and worth exploring. On checking the website I thought the price was really good for just myself and the dog - and no charge for the dog  up! . Until I scrolled down the page and saw the words ' A minimum charge for two adults applies per pitch '. Really? REALLY? REALLY? .  I can perhaps understand this in high season, when they want to make as much money as they can - but in low season isnt one person better than none at all?

Moira
walkies
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

campsite charges Empty Re: campsite charges

Post by minky58 Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:18 pm

I agree. We have only been motorhomers for a few years and have noticed a hike in the prices. I don't mind paying a premium for a really decent site but some of them dreadful.
minky58
minky58

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:10 am

Hi there,

I agree and suggest that you check out the following sites:

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/

The ACSI Camping Card system offers out of season campsites at prices of €12, €14 and €16.

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk

The Camping Cheques system offers out of season campsites at a price of about £14.

Both systems provide a pitch for a caravan or motorhome for two persons with shower, toilet, EHU, water and waste facilities for a fixed price.

We use both of them extensively on the basis that we know what we will be paying before we get there.

Hope this helps. allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by shotley59 Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 am

I agree with Sookey, That's where forums like this come into their own, I have just posted with regard a site that had been visited by a member of the forum (West Dartmoor). I think some sites are joining the 'Rip Off' Britain club, offering very little in the way of facilities but asking the maximum amount of money. I know the price of electricity has rocketed in the last decade and some sites are full to the brim. When you stroll around and see some awnings are lit up like Christmas Trees/TV/Table lamps/Electric Grill pans and fairy lights strung up around the outside, The site owner thinks he will get his money back in the little 'extras' they charge.  I suppose there is a case for using Caravan Club/Camping and Caravan Club sites at least you know what you are getting (For a Price)
shotley59
shotley59

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : VW Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:23 am

Hello Sookie,

We sympathise with you. When we set out on our tour we were expecting fuel to be the major cost, alas it was site fees. confused3 

We are temping as wardens at Hendre Mynach again at the moment and have just looked at the tariff for you as of now.

1 Night with electric in a motor caravan £18 minus £4 single occupancy and first dog free = £14 inc free showers

The site does run seasonal special offers over 5/7 days where there are good savings to be had though the single occupancy discount does not apply with these offers.

up! 

We visited a cl site in Fareham. Upon phoning before turning up the charge was £15 for 2 adults 1 dog in Tommy with electric and showers.

When we arrived, I set up and Ann went to pay. The charge changed to £15 for us with electric, £2.50 for Molly (?), the showers were £1 coin operated and if we wanted to fill up with water that was a further £2 = £21.50 if we had everything scratch head 

Needless to say, we didn't have a shower or fill the water tank up !

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:43 pm

How about a pitch without electric for 7 nights for £28.70....

http://www.park-resorts.com/holidays/?booking_group_id=2&unit_types=128&durations=1&parks=34&regions=11&min_grade=7&max_grade=7&order=x_sell_price+asc

there are other similar offers at their other sites. Personally I wouldn't touch them in school holidays but out of season???maybe.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:10 pm

any one recomend a good calculator for working out the new pricing structure at C&CC sites?

it will have to be cheap as it looks like the prices might have taken quite a hike, although Im not totally sure on that as its so hard to work out the price  (and then there is the "additional" cost which may or may not - but I suspect usually will - be added) and the reduction of the wrinkly discount from 30% to 25%  - but only if you are over 60 (not 55)
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Already another thread running on this subject....
https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t9004-ccc-new-pricing-for-2014

and also loads of comments on their facebook page.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by LobbyLudd Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Yes too complicated - No price 'guide' as quoted in the magazine enclosed with the latest sites book.
Directors article in the magazine states 'Flexible' pricing will be implemented for 2014??
Also states 'might' be more or 'might' be LESS according to individual sites popularity of the seasonal 'banding' during the season??
The banding is Low-Med-High and Shoulder season??shrugg 
This price guide that should have been included with the recently posted sites book apparently shows a 'From or To' what 'might' be charged apparently???  scratch head  
Not very clear , sounds a little bit like a politician would deliver a 'policy' proposal to me at the moment ?
raymondo wrote:any one recomend a good calculator for working out the new pricing structure at C&CC sites?

it will have to be cheap as it looks like the prices might have taken quite a hike, although Im not totally sure on that as its so hard to work out the price  (and then there is the "additional" cost which may or may not - but I suspect usually will - be added) and the reduction of the wrinkly discount from 30% to 25%  - but only if you are over 60 (not 55)

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm

We have been members of the C&CC for 24 years, we cannot work it out either, yes rip off Britain, luckily we are able to not  go in school holidays or Bank Holidays, but even so, some  charges are horrendous, I think if members boycotted the sites with these charges, they will have to think again, long gone are the simple sites decades ago, when we went with the children just turn up and pitch yourself where ever, and someone would come round next morning for that days money. Those where the days, carefree really meant carefree. so_sad

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by minky58 Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 am

I see as well that some sites are now stating a minimum number of nights, especially at weekends. Also the weekend charge is higher. shrugg
minky58
minky58

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

campsite charges Empty Try temporary holiday sites

Post by oldfred Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 pm

We prefer 'not really so wild' camping mainly in Scotland, only visiting sites when needing shower and water/waste facilities. We are members of both CC and C&CC, the later can work out cheaper if you stop on grass with no electric (so no pitch fee). Also we had two great longer stays this year in York and Ripon on C&CC temporary holiday sites. So apart from fuel motor-home holidays can still be cheap. Sorry just noticed that I am in the grumpy section - I'll try to be more negative with my next posting!
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 am

Be warned I'm older and so it takes time to get to the point!

In Lincolnshire, and I'm sure similar events exist in other parts of the country, we have several 'major shows' in the height of summer.

These shows really 'show off' all that is the best in agriculture, farming, food , handicrafts and also vintage vehicles and events etc.
It is a great day(s) out.

This year at one such event they changed the pricing structure to one of charging for each individual rather than for each vehicle. 

Now particularly for those coming with a large family this proved to be considerably more expensive but also since there was also a minimum charge per 

vehicle entry it was more expensive for everyone.

As an exhibitor and member of a vintage car club associated with the show I informally inquired about the obvious 'hike' in prices.

I was told it was simply to keep the 'riff raff' away!

I'm wondering is this pricing with caravan club sites etc. a similar strategy and is that also why they offer a discount to over 60's ?

I'm not a member of either club so it's obviously working !  

The end bow 

Cheers Ian
ian
ian

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down