The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cottontrader Jackets offers

3 posters

Go down

Cottontrader Jackets offers Empty Cottontrader Jackets offers

Post by Lotusanne Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:50 am

... not strictly camping related, but very useful when out and about , so hope this is OK in this forum....
Hi all, shave got very nice and practical fleece Parkas on half price offer... long line,satin quilted lining and with hood. They are £50 on the website but on offer for £25 in magazines at the moment, offer code is 559F. I have just ordered one in purple. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also noticed on the website they have some  greatunisex wax jacket type coats reduced from £60 to £30, again long line and with hoods,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There stuff is ususally great quality... and these look like good deals for the autumn :)
Lotusanne
Lotusanne

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Legend GL 1989

Back to top Go down

Cottontrader Jackets offers Empty Re: Cottontrader Jackets offers

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 am

When I saw the word 'parka' it brought back memories of my scooter days. What makes this a 'parka', it's simply a long-line fleece. Not saying its not good value or anything, just wondered why it's called this.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 am

So Paul, you're a mod if not a full blown moderator.     snigger
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Never said I was a mod but I was a scooter rider at the time of mods and rockers. Still love to see groups of rides out for a run with their parkas on and an array of mirrors. Couldn't afford a lammy now.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusanne Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Paulmold wrote:When I saw the word 'parka' it brought back memories of my scooter days. What makes this a 'parka', it's simply a long-line fleece. Not saying its not good value or anything, just wondered why it's called this.
Well funny cos I wondered the same thing - to me a parka is a long green quilted jacket with a fur lined hood... so I looked it up...and this is what wikipedai says:

An anorak or parka is a type of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], often [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The hood protects the face from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] temperatures and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] invented this kind of garment, originally made from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] skin, for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the frigid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Some Inuit anoraks require regularly coating with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to retain their water resistance.
The words anorak and parka have possibly been used interchangeably, but they are somewhat different garments. Strictly speaking, an anorak is a waterproof, hooded, pull-over jacket without a front opening, and sometimes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the waist and cuffs, and a parka is a knee-length cold-weather coat; typically stuffed with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or very warm [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and with a fur-lined hood.

so I suppose it does actualy qualify - but don't put me off it- I always hated parkas!!
Lotusanne
Lotusanne

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Legend GL 1989

Back to top Go down