The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thoughts on the Malvern show

5 posters

Go down

thoughts on the Malvern show Empty thoughts on the Malvern show

Post by vwt4 Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi All
how did those that went find the Western Motorhome show at Malvern, I have not seen that many motorhomes of all shapes and sizes for a long time, we did look for others ASOF members but did not find any, the shows wwer not too bad, have seen better at previous Malvern shows, but good never the less, plenty of stalls to look at but never seem to find one that sells small items like tap repair kits or the like,but certainly plent of things to spend money on, and good weather too, what more could you ask.
we were with the C&CC and were directed to a pitch along side three rows of Hymermobiles! ever felt small!!  hugegrins 
mike 
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

thoughts on the Malvern show Empty Re: thoughts on the Malvern show

Post by roli Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Well there w ere at least 7 members there that I know of, Paulmold. Plus 6 of us on the ASOC rally area
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:19 pm

We were in the 'Pink' general area because we had won tickets (normally go in the C&CC area) and as it happens, although it was across a road, it was very close to the entrance gates (South Gate) and very close to the entertainment halls as well as the exhibition areas. To be honest, if I hadn't won tickets we would not have gone as we'd been before and although I like commercial country & western, Dolly Parton, Glen Campbell etc., I found it too 'hardcore country' and the re-inactment stuff not for me. I di enjoy some acts especially the John Denver tribute guy and judging by the fact that everybody appeared to be singing along, I guess most other people enjoyed him too but as for Garth Brookes and Patsy Cline tributes, I thought they were pretty poor as well as the top act on Saturday, can't remember name but sort of Irish Showband. To me the guy on Friday night John Parmenter was far better. Again we won tickets for the Saturday night show but I would not have been happy to have paid.
The stalls were much the same as you always get and since O'Learys stoppe attending, you are right in that small 'odds & ends' stalls are lacking. Food prices the usual rip-off, £3 for a tray of chips !
My cousin and his wife who normally go in the C&CC area as well, couldn't because they booked very late and were sent into what was an old orchard. It was like a small CL/CS, only a dozen vans in the whole field with it's own toilet block, it was a delightful setting, although it couldn't have been further away from us at the exact opposite end of the show to us. Did meet up with Roger (Roli) and Bulldog01's wife Eunice in the ASOC area.
Looking forward to Lincoln show next (not sure if we will have new-to-us van in time), this time in the C&CC area.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyman Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Just as a general query about shows. Do the organisers provide EHU?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Not generally but if my memory serves me correctly, I think the Newark shows which are not Warners (MMM) shows but run by Event Developments have some available in the disabled areas. Or you can use a genny subject to a limit on time (but don't park next to me please).
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyman Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks Paul, suppose if you out and about, minimal power is needed anyway. Haven't built up to "Off-Grid"....Yet!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

From a day visitors point of view we thought it was very good with loads of stalls. Having said that I could not find the Thetford part (water inlet valve) that I wanted and had to order one via the internet from GW Caravan Services who were very helpful. The addition of the western theme made an interesting departure to the usual and the re-enactments were great to watch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sapper997 Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:52 pm

We camped with the MCC area not too far away from the entertainment halls, have been for the last 3-4 years.
Hoped to buy a new double skillet but it seems the lady who ran the stall is not doing shows anymore, although
she always seemed to do well, our last skillet got damaged and we really miss it as we used it instead of the oven.
I agree with paulmold on the entertainment, and only bought tickets for Saturday night because friends were going,
I thought especially the Patsy Cline "tribute" went down like a lead balloon with her embarresing phoney American
accent, and that the John Denver act wasn't allowed to do a couple more songs.
Still, apart for the odd short shower the weather was a vast improvement on most of last years shows and we came
home with money left in our pockets this year having not found any more extra's to the van that we "needed"!!!

Ray up!
sapper997
sapper997
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : EXECUTIVE

Back to top Go down