The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door

2 posters

Go down

Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door Empty Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door

Post by Monty9 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi,

My first post to this forum as a new member. My wife and I are proud owners of a Broadway EK although it now has a broken habitation door handle. The door only opens from the inside and the external handle is hanging as if in the open position.

Anyone had similar troubles? Is it easy to fix?
Monty9
Monty9

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door Empty Re: Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door

Post by inspiredron Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:28 pm

It sounds as though the linkage has broken or come loose. Is the van still under warranty? If do I suggest you take it to the dealer as ther is a number of hidden clips and screws that habe to be dealt with to remove the internal panel on the door that provides access.
If you want to tackle it then come back and I will try to provide details of where the fixings are by looking at my van.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door Empty Re: Broadway EK - Broken Habitation Door

Post by Monty9 Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much and having looked at it again, I would agree with you that the door linkage seems to have broken. The vehicle is still under warranty so will take it back to Marquis as I can't see how to access the lock at all. Hidden clips and screws as you say.

Still this is the first problem after 9 months so I can't grumble too much.

Thanks again.

Jon
Monty9
Monty9

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:02 pm

I just had a look at our van to refresh my memory on where the fixings are, or at least what the Marquis guy told me they are.

There are 3 screws hidden by cover caps, one at each end of the large handle and the 3rd behind the interior door handle. I was told that you remove those (and presumably the door pull and the handle bezel) and ease the rubber seal off the edge of the door where the brown part butts onto the door edge. Having don ethat the browwn panel is fixed by snap on clips rather like those on the interior of a car door.  My experience of those (on cars) is that they have to be eased out VERY carefully if they are not to break.

I had a problem with my Lancashire that in cold weather the lock would not open with the remote but only with the key so Marquis lubricated the linkage. I have not tried the process myself (yet) so the usual caveat of "do this at your own risk" applies.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down