The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two AA batteries mounted in toilet cassette.

2 posters

Go down

Two AA batteries mounted in toilet cassette. Empty Two AA batteries mounted in toilet cassette.

Post by BML Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:56 pm

I am just learning about the bits and pieces in my 2002 Autosleeper Pollensa and found a plastic battery holder with Twin Double A batteries mounted in the toilet cassette chamber without the two wirers hanging above them pushed into the two holes just below them.  Could anyone tell me what this is?
BML
BML

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Two AA batteries mounted in toilet cassette. Empty Red light warning

Post by jimthefish Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Found this on another forum, hope it helps

The cassette full light in our caravan has stopped working. The toilet is a Thetford C200CWE and when the toilet cassette is full there is no red light, looking at the wiring diagrams for the toilet it shows a battery holder which holds 2 x AA batteries. I can't find a battery compartment or don't know of one.
He went on to say not sure if it is the same as mine, but my battery holder is tucked away, in the cupboard, where the actual toilet cassette (the box you pull out to empty) is.
it is a black square holder, with two spring loaded clips for the batteries.

Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Two AA batteries mounted in toilet cassette. Empty Dam Hearing Aid.

Post by BML Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Many thanks for that.  I thought that I might have another question because when I started the Camper up to leave Abingdon Cricket field it made the strangest noise somewhat like a spindle made up of cards flicking as they went through a checkpoint and whatever I did I could not work out where the noise was coming from.  As I use a hearing aid I asked my wife to listen and she said that could not even hear the noise.  When we got home I switched the TV on to check the news putting it on Mute because my wife did not want to listen and anyway I could use the Induction loop on my hearing aid.

I suddenly realised that although the TV sound was supposed to be on loop I could hear the commentary.  My hearing aid has three positions on the switch.  Number 1 Is a straight through normal amplifier.  Number 2.  Is the induction facility.  Number 3 allows one to hear what is muted and extraneous noise at the same time.  I checked and discovered my hearing aid was on setting 3.

I went out to the camper, started it up and listened to the strange noise and then I switched my hearing aid to normal and the noise disappeared.  It appears that the hearing aid on the induction setting had been picking up electrical pulses from the engine.

I went back in and told my wife I had sorted out the problem but it was too technical for her to understand.
BML
BML

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Two AA batteries mounted in toilet cassette. Empty Nice one BML

Post by jimthefish Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:54 pm

I also have hearing aids which I switch off when the grandkids are in the van, it get ride of the annoying rattles in the back. Just for reference on later cassette toilets they changed the red light for toilet needs emptying for a green one to tell you to top up the flush fluid. All they need now is to fit an amber one for get ready to go. Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down