The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passenger seat belt receiver

2 posters

Go down

Passenger seat belt receiver Empty Passenger seat belt receiver

Post by oldbikerider Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Usual 6 weeks June/July on hols in France in an AS Harmony. Week two the seat belt receiver, the bit that sits on a flat stalk bolted through the inside of the seat box on the front passenger seat, decided to explode leaving us with a stalk and a lump of grey metal which is full of holes and slots but cannot be used.

26 various Peugeot/Renault/Citreon garages visited none of whom could provide the stalk and receiver that were of use because the cross belt would not clip into any of them. shrugg 

How come in what is a standard fit on all vehicles does AS manage to devise its own variation which is totally alien to normal.

Mrs very upset as she had to spend most of the hols travelling in the back seat, which if you have ever tried it, is very uncomfortable.

Now running around in what is possibly an illegal vehicle as front seat doers not have a working seat belt.
oldbikerider
oldbikerider

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Passenger seat belt receiver Empty Re: Passenger seat belt receiver

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Maybe worth asking AS if it is OE or an AS fitting.
If it is OE, I would suggest going to a Peugeot dealer and getting them to look on their parts fiche.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Passenger seat belt receiver Empty Passenger Seat Belt Receiver

Post by oldbikerider Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Having already visited 26 P/R/C dealers, all of hom looked it up, I think I have just about covered with certainty its not a manufacturers standard part.
oldbikerider
oldbikerider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:09 pm

oldbikerider wrote:Having already visited 26 P/R/C dealers, all of hom looked it up, I think I have just about covered with certainty its not a manufacturers standard part.

What do AS say?

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldbikerider Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:33 pm

1st AS reply was that they only fit standard Peugeot parts, inferring 26 garages in France don't know what they are talking about !!

However now sorted because a very very clever and polite man, at AS,  by the name of Alan, called and sorted the problem.

Apparently in 1996 they fitted 'Volkswagen' seat belts to Peugeot Boxer 'Harmony' conversions to allow for higher seat height on the swivel front seats.

So for other High Top Peugeot Boxer based owners (Symphony/Harmony etc) built in 1996, if your front seat belt receivers are on a flat riser bar with the number 14683 stamped on the inside of the bar it's a Volkswagen Part not Peugeot.

Problem sorted, thank you Alan.
oldbikerider
oldbikerider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Well I never, thanks indeed for that.
It's been playing on my mind since I saw your post and have just come in from checking the info on my belts.

I noticed however that the rear belts are made by 'Securon', so part for those should be fairly easy to obtain.

I wonder what AS did with all the original Peugeot belts???

Just a final question, did AS supply you with a replacement and if so, how much, or have you got to source it from VW?

Thanks in advance.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldbikerider Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 pm

PB.

Alan advised £30 (new stem and receiver clip as a unit) I assume VAT is added and there will be a charge for carriage.
Easy to fit as its just bolted into the seat box, provided of course your not 70 years old with a cracked pelvis cos you were daft enough to fall off your bicycle starting off in the wrong gear on a steep hill. Ouch !!!!censored! half somersault with two twist:topmarks:
oldbikerider
oldbikerider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:26 pm

oldbikerider wrote:PB.

70 years old with a cracked pelvis cos you were daft enough to fall off your bicycle starting off in the wrong gear on a steep hill. Ouch !!!!censored! half somersault with two twists

Ooooops  snigger 

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Passenger seat belt receiver Empty Passenger seat belt receiver

Post by oldbikerider Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Yea but I was only in the wrong gear because the other half backed me into a tree a few days before with the bikes on the carrier and the gear change got bent and I lost bottom two gears on all three main cogs.

Milking it for all I can whilst I recover (could be years) hugegrins . Get tea bought to me, don't have to buy the morning coffee at costa's (can't carry a tray with a limp) up! Can ignore her when she shout's as can't turn round quickly:lol4:
oldbikerider
oldbikerider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Get well soon............but not too soon!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down