The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 11 Habitation door adjust

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo 11 Habitation door adjust Empty Nuevo 11 Habitation door adjust

Post by Pancho Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:30 pm

The  Bottom striker (the one with the roller) is hitting the door frame.    In order  to adjust the door,the top two hinges are exposed on opening door window.     Two queries-  1. .How to remove the hinge cover to expose the third ( bottom) hinge?     2.  Is there any Adjustment on strikers in door itself ? I.E. Remove covers on inside of door.   When I tried to remove bottom cover only to inspect this, it obviously needs  removal of top cover as well.
Pancho
Pancho

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : topaz
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 11 Habitation door adjust Empty Re: Nuevo 11 Habitation door adjust

Post by Backtrax Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 pm

on my Broadway, the lower hinge cover is removed by opening the door fully and at the pivot part of the lower hinge, undoing a small screw which goes into a flange on the hinge cover. the cover then slides off.
My problem was that the door contacts were mis-aligned and I found that the single bolt which holds each hinge to the door was loose in two of the three hinges.
I did look at adjusting the lower strike plate on the door jamb but found there was minimal movement possible.

Hope this helps
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Pancho Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Pancho
 Thanks.Cover came off & found loose bolts.
Pancho
Pancho

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : topaz
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Backtrax wrote:on my Broadway, the lower hinge cover is removed by opening the door fully and at the pivot part of the lower hinge, undoing a small screw which goes into a flange on the hinge cover. the cover then slides off.

I've never had to tackle the bottom hinge and wondered how to get the cover off. On mine there are two screws through a plate that don't exist on the top two hinges. Are they the ones? As we are off in the morning to run a rally I daren't take them out at the moment. Any chance of a photo from either of you showing the screw.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 11 Habitation door adjust Empty I love this site

Post by SteveplusChris Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Pancho wrote:Pancho
 Thanks.Cover came off & found loose bolts.

I also found this info very helpful. I had found out about the top two hinges being accessed by opening the window but was unsure about undoing the screws on the back of the cover on the lower hinge. After reading this I bit the bullitt and went for it. Door adjusted, bolts tight, central locking working!!allthumbz 
Thanks guys for all the tips, shame the dealerships arent as helpful!!confused3
SteveplusChris
SteveplusChris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo Lancashire EK

Back to top Go down