The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working

3 posters

Go down

Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working Empty Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working

Post by Wearsider Fri May 31, 2013 12:31 pm

Without warning when connected to the imput housing the Whale hose is not filling my freshwater tank and in addition the Whale submersible pump is also failing to siphon water from its usual 10 L container into the very same freshwater tank. I have checked all the fuses on the Sergent Unit and as far as I can see the problem does not lie in that direction.

Is there anything else that I should check before I take my motorhome to one of the local dealers for appropriate attention.
Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working Empty Re: Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri May 31, 2013 8:10 pm

May be simple but have you switched the power on at the control panel? If you have then is the submersible pump actually whirring round. If it is then the pump may have reached the end of its life. You can get replacement pumps without buying the whole figment but the wires need soldering on.
With regard to the whale flat filler hose this also has to have power to energise the valve to allow the water to flow into the tank. I had one which failed as there was a fault in the plug in bit and this was replaced under warranty.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working Empty Re: Whale Hose & Submersible Pump Not Working

Post by Wearsider Fri May 31, 2013 8:30 pm

I note all that you say moggyminor. The fact that both filling methods have failed at the same time leads me to suspect that the fault is the unit on the side of my motorhome into which the hose and the pump plug in or a point beyond.
Wearsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 am

Hi Wearsider

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You may have read the info in the thread linked above but if not the information on whale operation should help locate the problem.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks for the pointer Peter. As it so happens I had read all the postings on the whale filling system and even with their guidance could still not trace an obvious problem. However I had an inkling that it was probably electrical so I took my motorcaravan to an auto electrician this afternoon and he traced the problem. Apparently some of the wiring in the vicinity of the tank had perished and once that was renewed everything sprang back into its normal filling action.
Wearsider

Male

Back to top Go down