The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo single beds

+7
AlanT
Peterm
PennyandDerek
moggyminor1966
burlingtonboaby
Sookey
CC
11 posters

Go down

Nuevo single beds Empty Nuevo single beds

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 6:00 am

We are considering a Nuevo as a replacement for our somewhat larger caravan, but one concern is that we like to use single beds rather than make up the double, having reached that time in life when you need to get up in the night! Just wondering if folk who have a Nuevo use the single bed arrangement, and how comfortable you find it, having your feet on the front seats. What about the partial bulkeads either side, also where do you put the side cushions at night - we couldn't put them on the floor as we have to leave room for a largish dog (another reason for not making up the double, he can sleep between two singles).

As this would be our first motorhome we don't want to splash out too much, so would be looking for one of the earlier Nuevos on the Boxer chassis - what little I've read in reviews about using singles has been in reference to the later Nuevos on the X250 chassis, so is there any significant difference in the single beds between models on the two chassis?

Alternatively, what other Auto-Sleeper models have a similar size to the Nuevo and better singles? I've seen a couple of Executives advertised that look to have longer settees, what are they like?

Thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nuevo single beds Empty Re: Nuevo single beds

Post by CC Mon May 06, 2013 9:25 am

Can't speak for the earlier Nuevo as we have the series II which we use in the single bed configuration and leave the back cushions on and still have plenty of room, the bulkhead you mention is not a problem even using Duvalay bedding. I sleep better in the motorhome than at home (or at least as good as)

Plenty of earlier Nuevo owners here, so you should get more info specific to the series I smile!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo single beds Empty Nuevo single beds

Post by Sookey Mon May 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Although I originally looked at the 2 berth Nuevo, I finally decided on the 4 berth and bought a 2004 model last year. I use the overcab bed for storing the bedding and the side cushions go up there for the night (and are sometimes left there for the whole time away as they are rather heavy to lift up and down- I'm sure I read on the forum somewhere, that another member had taken the wooden panels out the back of them, to make them lighter. I may have a go at doing this undecided ). I travel with my Sister quite a lot, so always use the single bed configuration. It's still quite roomy with the side cushions on, but we both have dogs who like to sleep on the beds with us smile!
I bought memory foam mattress toppers (Dunelm Mill £24.99) and we dont notice any difference in width down the 'feet end'.
regards
Moira
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo single beds Empty Re-Nuevo single beds

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I think the long single bench beds in the 2 berth Nuevo EK may be more comfy than the split sets in the 4 berth ES van, my wife sleeps fine in one on the singles, however I go up high to the overhead double and sleep like a log. sleeping
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 pm

We use the 2 single beds in our series II Nuevo EK as we found making up the double too much hassle. We both sleep fine and leave the back cushions in place. Once on site having swivelled the front seats round I put the side cushions at either side between the front seats and the front doors and they are great as an arm rest when sitting down at night with your feet out. The beds are very comfy without the need for any other toppings. smile!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 pm

We carry a couple of bog standard lounge cushions to make ourselves more comfy during the day.
If we use the single bed configuration we put them in the 'bum-well' of the front seats - evens out the height difference perfectly.

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Our 2006 Nuevo ES, the old model. has a passenger seat with a 2" height difference to the bench seat. It doesn't sound much, but I promise you you won't be comfortable sleeping on it. We got the passanger seat swapped for a rise and fall mechanism as on the drivers side, and now it is levelish. We sleep on a 1" memory foam mattress with a short slit to fot around the bulkhead. The seat backs go over the cab, but I can sleep on the bed without taking them out if need be. We too sleep better in the van than in bed.

Peterm and the lovely Janetm
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo single beds Empty Sigma same as a Nuevo but longer

Post by AlanT Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

When looking for a van, I wondered the same as you, then discovered the Sigma which I found to be the same as the Nuevo but about 1ft longer at 20'7". This gives me 6'4" long singles which also pull out to form a transverse double when required.
There don't appear to be many Sigmas around and has been replaced by the Broadway which introduced a dark wood finish.

I'm happy with my Sigma, and having slept comfortably in UK will be heading off to France next month.
AlanT
AlanT
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfolkie Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 am

Just taken our first trip in our Nuevo ES (2009) and we used the single beds with the back rests left in place. We also have Duvalays which we purchased for our caravan which the Nuevo replaced and these worked fine. On retiring to bed I thought that the bed was a little bit narrow and might be a problem but it never was and both my wife and I slept well. The over cab bed was an ideal place for storing the Duvalays during the day. After our roomier caravan. We were worried that we would find the Nuevo a bit cramped but this was never the case. We did quite a lot of entertaining and the layout was comfy and spacious for four adults.

Can't wait for more trips.
Oldfolkie
Oldfolkie

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue May 21, 2013 11:38 am

Oldfolkie wrote:Just taken our first trip in our Nuevo ES (2009) and we used the single beds with the back rests left in place. We also have Duvalays which we purchased for our caravan which the Nuevo replaced and these worked fine. On retiring to bed I thought that the bed was a little bit narrow and might be a problem but it never was and both my wife and I slept well. The over cab bed was an ideal place for storing the Duvalays during the day. After our roomier caravan. We were worried that we would find the Nuevo a bit cramped but this was never the case. We did quite a lot of entertaining and the layout was comfy and spacious for four adults.

Can't wait for more trips.

Great van the wee Nuevo es up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Tue May 21, 2013 5:21 pm

The Nuevo ES beds are very comfy and we leave the back rests in. We use vee pillows for reading. All the bedding goes in the over cab. We don't notice the bulkhead or the seat joins. Back cushions stay in place.

Our Executive was just as comfy and we did wonder if the Nuevo would be as good - but we need not have worried.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatima Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:49 pm

The seats pull out toward the centre of the van allowing the back rests to slide down a little. They are not in the way at all & the bed is perfectly comfortable. The cab seats fully rotated are perfectly in line with the remainder of the bed.
Fatima
Fatima

Female

Member Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 am

Fatima wrote:The seats pull out toward the centre of the van allowing the back rests to slide down a little. They are not in the way at all & the bed is perfectly comfortable. The cab seats fully rotated are perfectly in line with the remainder of the bed.
all of the above and with a Duvalay a perfect nights sleep

"H"

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76

Back to top Go down