The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why can't they all be priced like this

+2
CC
Paulmold
6 posters

Go down

Why can't they all be priced like this Empty Why can't they all be priced like this

Post by Paulmold Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Had a text of my cousin the other day to say he was at Kelling Heath (Holt, Norfolk) which was in his words 'posh, like Centre Parcs with tents', paying £20.25 per night - remember this is April, not school holidays. Today he has texted to say he moved on to Manor Holiday Park, Hunstanton (one of the Park Resort parks), every facility imaginable and not the type of site I would want in peak season but it's still April so it's quiet, for the princely sum of £4.80 per night inc hook-up. Now that's what I call value.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Why can't they all be priced like this Empty Re: Why can't they all be priced like this

Post by CC Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Paulmold wrote:Now that's what I call value.

Ditto look here

Site rates are generally ridiculous just for a patch of grass or shingle to overnight rolleyes

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Why can't they all be priced like this Empty Re: Why can't they all be priced like this

Post by Ivory55 Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm

hi kelling heath is pricey, when we went it was £11 each to go swimming in their pool. ivory55
Ivory55
Ivory55

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Agree totally up!

We have stopped over at some C/Club cl sites and the majority are £12 per night, now in blooming April. For this price you get a field with EHU, some have a view some do not, some have a happy chatty person taking your money, some have a grumpy farmer stuffing your money into his pocket while he drives off on his big tractor without even saying thank you or "enjoy your stay". tap_fingers

For a bit more maybe a fiver you can get a hardstanding pitch with a cracking view, immaculate facilities, EHU and very friendly staff. smile!

or

Sites like the one we are on now Marazion C/Club Site, has no facilities except chemical disposal, EHU, refuse, water, but set in beautiful surroundings with exceptional staff. Basically a cl site and the price £10.10 per nite (at this time of year). allthumbz

The cl's and cs's are in our opinion overpriced, but what can we do think_smiley_46

Good topic for discussion this hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Couple of nights of that and you could have paid to join 'Brit Stops' where you stop for free.

I've just joined and we're away this weekend to try a couple out.

Not used them before, but we've been in France Passion for a few years now and Brit Stops appears similar.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 am

Hi All.

I have been to a couple of the Park resorts just recently.
Their site pitches are half price Sunday to Thursday. All with EHU and good clean facilities, free showers included.
At the moment most are giving an extra 20% off the pitch fee. But for how long I don't know.
Makes a good base point to drive out from. up!

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

PS. A thank you and welcome again letter from Park Resorts beat me home.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum