The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A letter to No.10

4 posters

Go down

A letter to No.10 Empty A letter to No.10

Post by Tommy-Darcy Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Just sent this to No.10 Downing Street by e-mail. I know I am peeing in the wind but it makes me feel slightly better having got some of it off my chest. Unfortunately you are not given an unlimited amount of words, limited to 1000 characters, as I would have liked to have said a lot more. tap_fingers

"Cheshire East council don't care, but perhaps you do. I (like 1000's of others) am sick and tired of putting my life and other road users lives at risk trying to avoid the many pot holes in the South Cheshire Area. There was a time that our Road Tax went towards repairing our roads, but this obviously is not the case here. Main roads, B roads and inner town roads are all in such poor condition there WILL be DEATHS due to drivers attempting to avoid the pot holes so as to not wreck their cars. There is a cycleway scheme being introduced on the A530 but no attempt to improve the road conditions. Cyclists don't pay extortionate taxes to travel on these roads, and as daft as it sounds the A530 has also had a speed reduction enforced even though the cycle path will be in place. I guess it is cheaper to buy a 50mph sign than to repair a pot hole in order to tick a box. There have been numerous complaints sent to Cheshire East, but they just brush these under the carpet. We need action NOW!!"

I guess that other councils are just as bad but this is no excuse. GRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!! censored!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

A letter to No.10 Empty A Letter to No 10

Post by JustChillin Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:36 pm

I totally agree, up! up! up! up!
The Roads in Sussex are evil,
Actually more Pot Holes than Road in some places,
What do they spend my Car/Camper Tax on??? f1 camper confused3 confused3
It's not on any Pot Holes or anything else road related.

Keep up the good work Tommy-Darcy allthumbz allthumbz allthumbz

From a very cold cold Windy and Snowy Sussex
JustChillin
JustChillin

Female

Back to top Go down

A letter to No.10 Empty Re: A letter to No.10

Post by Dutto Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Oh how I agree!!

Our house to Alicante in Spain; and the worst bit of road is the first five miles!!! tap_fingers

Check out the motto after my signature though!!! think_smiley_46

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

A letter to No.10 Empty Re: A letter to No.10

Post by matchlessman Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Its not just the road tax (3 cars, 1 camper, 2 motorbikes) that I have to fork out for (family vehicles, a max of 3 in use at any one time) over 80% of the cost of fuel is tax of one form or another.

Oh how I wish I could get 500mpg from the camper just to put 2 fingers up to the thieving citizens of whitehall.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down