The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CS's and CL's- pricing policy.....

+2
Dutto
Minniesmum
6 posters

Go down

CS's and CL's- pricing policy..... Empty CS's and CL's- pricing policy.....

Post by Minniesmum Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 am

I would love to use more of the smaller more rural sites. But as a solo camper I find them more expensive- often twice the cost- of a pitch on a club site. I'm not sure why most of these sites have a flat rate per pitch /unit regardless of how many bods are occupying......it's annoying to have to pay the same fee for one person ( moi ) as a whole family does..... for example the site that Ian ( Dutto ) is going to near North Berwick is a CC affiliated and charges a flat rate of £13.00 per night whether one camper or 5....
Right I've said it !!

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

CS's and CL's- pricing policy..... Empty Re: CS's and CL's- pricing policy.....

Post by Dutto Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am

Cath,

Maybe this is to encourage single good looking mature ladies to get themselves a Toy-Boy? Whistle1

To be honest we have found many CL sites to be in the £5 to £7 bracket, especially those out in the countryside and in view of what they provide in the form of EHU, toilet emptying, water and security we are quite happy to pay that amount. up!

I must admit that being a somewhat miserly old git I do tend to check out the prices before we go anywhere; but in the case of Haddington "nearness to great-granddaughter" is the main driver so cost tends to get shoved into the background! tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Ian I certainly don't begrudge paying £7. per night ! What I was referring to are the many CL's and CS's that charge twice that and for one person ( or 5 ). My point is that I do wonder why the pricing policy for these is different from club sites where you pay per pitch then extra for each person. confused3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyt Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 am

Well, there is the argument that a pitch is for the motorhome and not for it's occupants, no matter how many there are.

I too do a lot of solo travelling and when in the UK, frequently find that an off season, age concession rate on a C&CC Club Site is far cheaper than a CL/CS.

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Sold -

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

Minniesmum wrote:for example the site that Ian ( Dutto ) is going to near North Berwick is a CC affiliated and charges a flat rate of £13.00 per night whether one camper or 5....
Right I've said it !!

Off peak at CC Yellowcraig site North Berwick for one person works out at about the same price as above including EHU but I still favour C&CC sites as I don't require electricity and as a solo camper and a club member with age concession in 2012 I often camped for under a fiver a night at some of my favourite sites, on one occaision when booking in it was remarked "at this rate we'll be paying you to camp here" at least he smiled as he said it snigger
I haven't looked at the 2013 fees yet, keeping my fingers crossed for more low cost camping this year good2

Cheers John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 am

Johno wrote:............. I still favour C&CC sites as I don't require electricity and as a solo camper and a club member with age concession in 2012 I often camped for under a fiver a night at some of my favourite sites, on one occaision when booking in it was remarked "at this rate we'll be paying you to camp here" at least he smiled as he said it.

............... John up!

John,

Wash your mouth out with soap and hope CC doesn't see this Post! hugegrins hugegrins

drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am

John,

Wash your mouth out with soap and hope CC doesn't see this Post! hugegrins hugegrins

drinksallround
Ian[/quote]

Don't worry Ian the Caravan Club are fully aware of my views snigger snigger

John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Cath.

I can see where you are coming from with this, And see reason in your opinion but it would appear to me. The initial cost is for the pitch alone, one van one pitch. On a CL with basic facilities. Club Sites again one van one pitch but a lot more facilities so the greater number of people using these facilities should and does effect the price having to pay more per person. Private sites are a business and could be someones only source of income so they can charge what they like or what they think people will pay, facilities or not. Personally I rarely use a club site or a privately owned site much prefering the peace and quiet of a nice CL with just the basics. up!

Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks all for your replies up! I think my options to keep my nightly cost down on sites are to stick to club sites off-peak or use the cheaper CL's/CS's. I don't really want to have to spend over £12 per night as a solo camper. I did over xmas and new year but was peak season. Most of the members of ASOF appear to have partners and therefore the cost of a CL or CS is split between 2. I prefer the idea of a small pitch fee then a charge per person which is how club sites operate ( and fairer imo ).

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Cath,

I suppose it must be galling to realise that the converted Pickfords removal van on the next pitch, with four adults and half a dozen kids onboard, are paying exactly the same as yourself. tap_fingers

Even more so when the kids "introduce" themselves by playing on your pitch and then the parents decide to party until the wee small hours! lol4

Yep! At that stage a lay-by adjacent to the A1 looks pretty good! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Dutto wrote:Cath,

I suppose it must be galling to realise that the converted Pickfords removal van on the next pitch, with four adults and half a dozen kids onboard, are paying exactly the same as yourself. tap_fingers

Even more so when the kids "introduce" themselves by playing on your pitch and then the parents decide to party until the wee small hours! lol4

Yep! At that stage a lay-by adjacent to the A1 looks pretty good! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

you got it Ian !! LOL. allthumbz hugegrins

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Minniesmum wrote:Most of the members of ASOF appear to have partners and therefore the cost of a CL or CS is split between 2.

I really must get Chris to donate Her half, Cath snigger hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down