The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure.

4 posters

Go down

Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure. Empty Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure.

Post by gordon king Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Having the Windsor from new in October 2008 the 'heavy' tap in the hand basin was always suspect and one needed to hold the main body with the left hand and operate the tap up and down lever with the other,otherwise the tap stem would distort the basin moulding at the point of entry.
Eventually the sink material at this point fractured and the tap became loose.
I managed to buy a new sink moulding from Auto-Sleepers the moulding thickness around the tap seating was still inadequate. I then purchased a fibre glass kit from Halfords and increased the thickness of the sink moulding considerably on the underside.
The tap is now rigid in the sink location and the up and down lever can be used without the tap body moving.

Last edited by gordon king on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
gordon king
gordon king

Male

Member Age : 90
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor ES

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure. Empty sink

Post by ubuntu1 Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Its also possible to have a fibre glass sink made which will be much stronger.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

http://www.chatsworth-service.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure. Empty Re: Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure.

Post by roli Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Not heard of that problem but Stan one of our members did sort the upside down operation of the shower tap. Keeep meaning to sort ours.

Your van is a bit newer than ours which was made in Jan 08 and registered in March 08,
Not sure if MIkes Windsor had these problems his is the same age and Geoffs and Tony Fs
are a bit older if I remember rightly
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure. Empty Re: Auto Sleeper Windsor shower sink failure.

Post by mike Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Roli and all Windsor owners,

My Windsor base was built Nov 2007 in Turkey, built somewhen in 2008 by A/S and registered in July 2008.

My engine was the subject of a recall to have the power steering hose connection modified/reinforced, apparently the hose could blow off and spill oil onto the exhaist/turbo causing a fire. Presume that all of you guys have had the Mod/recall done.

Mike
mike
mike
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk7

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 am

Ours was built in 2007, conversion done February 2008 Registed March 2008

We had the power steering hose connection modified/reinforced recall done.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down