The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fridge service

4 posters

Go down

fridge service Empty fridge service

Post by buggy boy Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi would like to say hello to all fellow motorhomers... I could do with some advice on removing my fridge for servicing..especially how to remove it from my clubman t4 VW 1994 ....thanking you in anticipation...buggy boy
buggy boy
buggy boy

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : clubman gl

Back to top Go down

fridge service Empty fridge service

Post by ubuntu1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Firstly can I say that you must be competent to remove a fridge as you are dealing with 240v and LPG.

You will need to disconnect the 12v, 240v and gas supply. If you are lucky you can unscrew the fridge and ease it forwards about 40 cm and then you maybe be able to do the service from the outside. It just depends on the vent positions - you can be lucky.... or maybe not. Its probably a 50/50 chance.

I would suggest you pay an engineer to do the service (but I would say that wouldn't I)

If you decide to do it yourself then you need to remove the flue baffles. Then remove the burner and jet. Then you need to clean the flue out to remove the carbon deposits. Fit a new jet and you will probably need new burners on a fridge of this age.

Put it all back together, screw it in place and then you must do a gas soundness check to ensure that you do not have any leaks.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

fridge service Empty Re: fridge service

Post by peugeotboxer Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm

buggy boy wrote:Hi would like to say hello to all fellow motorhomers... I could do with some advice on removing my fridge for servicing..especially how to remove it from my clubman t4 VW 1994 ....thanking you in anticipation...buggy boy

Hi buggy boy

Have a read here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

fridge service Empty Re: fridge service

Post by -mojo- Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:44 pm

IIRC (I may not be!) we had someone here with a similar T4-based model saying that he could get access to the whole burner assembly simply by removing the lower outside vent panel.

I should add that on my Transit-based conversion I could not, as there was too little space to remove one of the screws holding the metal shroud in place around the burner.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

fridge service Empty Fridge service

Post by buggy boy Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 am

As said managed to remove the Fridge with out to much hassel. Found a helpful dealer in Kent who serviced and tested the fridge within a week . It is now back in my van ready to perform again for another year. Problem solved.....icecube anyone..........(Thanks again for all your advice on the subject)....
buggy boy
buggy boy

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : clubman gl

Back to top Go down