The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So few women Motorhome drivers :(

+13
rogerblack
rhubarb93
CC
shelldrake
Patty123
sapper997
Paulmold
murph
boxerman
roli
Dutto
Ann B
Minniesmum
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So few women Motorhome drivers :( - Page 2 Empty Re: So few women Motorhome drivers :(

Post by Minniesmum Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Perhaps its the amount of time I'm away. Last year was working. Now that I'm retired doing a lot of miles so expect will see all sorts winks I really couldn't care less. It was just an observation that the majority of MH's I come across on road or at campsites have the guy driving if a couple.

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

So few women Motorhome drivers :( - Page 2 Empty Re: So few women Motorhome drivers :(

Post by CC Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 pm

We see quite a few lady motor home drivers on our travels so they are out there... winks

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 am

Hi All.

My other half drives our Exec. Hates parking or reversing it. Still its a big jump up from her every day car a Dawoo Matiz.

To all the ladies out there. Give it a go. up!

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 am

whisky wrote:Hi All.

My other half drives our Exec. Hates parking or reversing it. Still its a big jump up from her every day car a Dawoo Matiz.

To all the ladies out there. Give it a go. up!

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

up! It does get easier with practice.... reversing I found difficult with visibility. Parking ...well... just don't attempt anything clever... as I'm on my own I'm the sole driver so it's a question of just getting on with it. smile!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Barb, my better half probably drives the Symbol more than I do, its our only vehicle. She really enjoys driving it and is perfectly happy behind the wheel. Which is fine by me. Before we retired to Cumbria I had spent the last 35 years as a van salesman around London allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:59 am

Minniesmum wrote:Parking ...well... just don't attempt anything clever...

My line of thinking too. I'd rather take an easy space 400m from where I want to get to, and walk the rest, than mess about in a tiny space.

I also have a rule that if I can't visualise what's behind me when reversing then I'll get out and take a look. It may be a lot more time-consuming but, after an unpleasant experience reversing a 7m long hire van (which meant ages supergluing the rear light covers back together after they encountered a high steel barrier that was invisible from the cab), it's about as fool-proof as you can get...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 pm

-mojo- wrote:
Minniesmum wrote:Parking ...well... just don't attempt anything clever...

My line of thinking too. I'd rather take an easy space 400m from where I want to get to, and walk the rest, than mess about in a tiny space.

I also have a rule that if I can't visualise what's behind me when reversing then I'll get out and take a look. It may be a lot more time-consuming but, after an unpleasant experience reversing a 7m long hire van (which meant ages supergluing the rear light covers back together after they encountered a high steel barrier that was invisible from the cab), it's about as fool-proof as you can get...
totally agree with you smile! after having crunched someone's bumper in a car-park 4 days after getting my van, I now keep well clear of all other motorists Lol.... now I know why most of the motorhomes you see parked in supermarket carparks are wayyyyy off on their own biggrin winks

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Minniesmum wrote:.... now I know why most of the motorhomes you see parked in supermarket carparks are wayyyyy off on their own biggrin winks

........ and even then you come back to this ......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..... but I never realised that another MH driver (and apparently a woman to boot) had dun it!! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi dutto

Just curious, but how did you know...

1) it was a female driver 2) it was another motorhome

Was it caught on CCTV or reported by a bystander? + what was the outcome?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty123 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 pm

I know what you mean parking away from other vehicles.

We stopped off at a pub on the way home from a trip earlier this year. The far end of the car park was empty, great, and still empty we thought when we came out, but no.... one car (baring in mind the far end of the car park was still empty!!) was parked next to the my drivers side, so close that I couldn't get in the cab!!!! WHY???

Patty confused3
Patty123
Patty123

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 pm

I know.....why ?? Lack of thought processes... Its kind of funny tho. I went to the flics last week to see Skyfall.....again ( do love Daniel Craig Lol ) parked in the middle of a huge carpark. When I went back to Symphony, found her accompanied by 2 other large white vans....all side by side. She is such a Tart ! Heheh

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2