The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hill Start

4 posters

Go down

Hill Start Empty Hill Start

Post by skyrakes Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Another question.

I have read in the handbook that the 2012 neuvo Pegeot has a hill assist start. You press the foot brake and clutch together then release the handbrake and the clutch holds for approx 2 secs. Not sure how it works. Does anyone know what i am talking about?
skyrakes
skyrakes

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Hill Start Empty Re: Hill Start

Post by moggyminor1966 Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes we had it on our previous Ford Transit van conversion and it works brilliantly. You do not use the handbrake at all. When you stop on an incline just put your foot on the foot brake and keep the clutch depressed then when you set off you just release the clutch and it will hold the vehicle for about 5 secs giving you chance to press the accelerator. It is very useful on really steep road junctions.
The 2 things I really miss with the Peugeot are ths hill start assist and of course the Transit's heated windscreen which is great when the screen is all iced up.
Did not know this was now available on the Peugeot but it is a move in the right direction and certainly worth having. smile!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrakes Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 pm

I am sure it said it had assist hill start in the book. I will have to go and check now to see if i have read it correctly
skyrakes
skyrakes

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm

My Peugeot Boxer Handbook dated 02-10 also refers to the Hill Start Assist function which it says is linked with ESP (which includes traction control) which I had interpreted meant that you had to have this latter option fitted for it to be available.

However experiments on steep inclines have led me to the conclusion that my 2010 Marquis Lancashire ES (Auto-Sleepers Nuevo) which has ESP fitted nonetheless does not appear to have Hill Start Assist installed.

My version of the Peugeot Boxer Handbook also refers to quite a number of enhancements (e.g. heated seat and seat with variable damping) which are not referred to in the 2010 Peugeot guide to optional extras so I was left unsure as to how these upgrades were obtained.

On a related topic I do find the current model of the Peugeot Boxer a vast improvement on previous commercial vehicle based motorhomes that I have owned and driven but I do believe its low very handbrake to be its weakest feature and particually difficult to use on hill starts.

To provide some improvement in this area I am considering fitting the Korban Hand Brake Extender and would welcome some feedback on the use of this product in practice.

Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 am

Wearsider wrote:
To provide some improvement in this area I am considering fitting the Korban Hand Brake Extender and would welcome some feedback on the use of this product in practice.

I too would be interested in any feedback on the handbrake extender. Does it make it difficult getting into the cab on the drivers side?

Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am

1b449 wrote:Wearsider wrote:

I too would be interested in any feedback on the handbrake extender. Does it make it difficult getting into the cab on the drivers side?

Mike D

Discussed before:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope it helps.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am

Hi PB,

Thanks for the link, didn't realise we'd already been there, STS.

Ta.Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Thank you PeugeotBoxer for the link about the Kobran Handbrake Extender. Seems to be worth a try.
Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down