The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

campervan full time

4 posters

Go down

campervan full time Empty campervan full time

Post by yorkshiretri Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 pm

hi all, ive just been wondering if anyone lives in their camper/ motorhome full time?? and if so what are the good/ bad points?
yorkshiretri
yorkshiretri

Male

Member Age : 44
Auto-Sleeper : express

Back to top Go down

campervan full time Empty Re: campervan full time

Post by Dutto Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 am

Hi there,

We lived in our Duetto in France and Spain 24/7 for the six months of last winter, if that can be classed as "full time"?

This year we will do the same for a slightly shorter period and maybe the different arrangements we have made will best illustrate our thoughts on the matter!

In addition to what we had with us last year, this year we will be taking a trailer that holds:

o Two windbeaks (7m and 5m)

o A Windblocker to be attached to the awning.

o Groundsheet for the Windblocker.

o Table and chairs for outside.

o Outside BBQ arrangements.

o Small Twin-tub Washing Machine.

o "Goodies" that are strictly UK (e.g. baked beans) that cost a lot more in Spain.

In other words, basically we found "Petal" a bit small to be living in 24/7 for six months but feel that the extra room provided by the Windblocker plus the extra privacy afforded by the Windbreaks will alleviate the problem.

However, what has to be borne in mind is that we get along reasonably well, we lived on a boat 24/7 for eight years and even "home" is only a one-bedroom bungalow; so we are used to living in cramped conditions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 am

Dutto,

We have a Fiamma table tri-pod which one of the desmo legs fits into, then we use the small table supplied with Tommy.

Works well and just the right height for our chairs, and the only extra weight is that of the tri-pod, lightweight aluminium.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Ian,

We got a collapsible plastic one from Lidl but before this acquisition we used to use the "small" table as a base for the "big" table as per .......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was the fear of scratching the "small" table that drove us to buy a collapsible one.

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shelldrake Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 pm

The most important point is "Will I still love the other half" hugegrins after spending so many months together esp if stuck in the M/H when the weather takes a turn for the worse. SWMBO and I spent a year in a Timberland panel van touring the UK, France and Spain and thankfully we came out of it unscathed!! Friends of ours do live full time but have a big Euro Moble.
We now spend 3-4 months in Spain over the winter in our Sigma which is big enough for us.
try it and see
shelldrake
shelldrake

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi there,

We retired very nearly ten years ago after a life that saw work commitments result in us waving "Hello!" to each other about once a week as we passed on the stairs.

However, apart from the occasional spat (always my fault of course) we have settled into lifestyle that seems to suit both of us despite our close proximity to each other.

My only recommendations to anyone considering retiring with their partner to live in a motorhome are:

1. "Never speak to each other before 9am or after 10pm." This minimises the potential for arguments.

2. "Always consider your partners wishes." e.g. If your partner want's to watch something different on the TV consider hiding the "remote".

3. "Never drink alcohol with your partner." This way, at least one of you is always sober and can take the moral high-ground the next day!

4. "Always agree with your partners opinions." This includes agreeing that you are stupid; but you mustn't say "I must be; look who I married!"

5. "Never insult each other." e.g. "I defended you when my sister said you weren't fit to live with pigs. I said you were!"

6. "Always have clearly defined roles." i.e. She master - He slave! bow

and finally "Never be cynical!" oh_blast! oh_blast!

Best regards and enjoy Spain.
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

campervan full time Empty Ha Ha

Post by shelldrake Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm

agree with everything you say Dutto.
shelldrake