The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nuevo electric step fault

+2
CC
tonyburton
6 posters

Go down

nuevo electric step fault Empty nuevo electric step fault

Post by tonyburton Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 pm

i have a 2 year old nuevo low profile and have had several problems with the electric step .ive been three times to the dealers and had two new switches fitted. it seems to work for 6 months then gradually fails eventually not retracting at all. i press the switch the step comes down ok but when trying to retract it all i hear is the solenoid or something but no movement of step its easy enough to manually push into the up position but thats not the point as it could be a danger if forgotten. has anyone else had this problem as the dealer has said he has not come across it before :
tonyburton
tonyburton

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

nuevo electric step fault Empty Re: nuevo electric step fault

Post by CC Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Tony... have you tried calling the Auto-Sleeper service centre? if not I would call and ask for Mark on 01386 853 338 he's very helpful and should be familiar with any problems with these steps.... would be interested to hear how you get on as I've often wondered myself about the step failing while away especially if you were unable to retract it scratch head

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by shetland 33 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I suspect the dealer might be speaking with forked tongue as I had the same problem which was sorted at the PDI. There is a small switch which is allowed to operate when the step moves from the closed to open position. If the switch does not extend because of a build up of dirt etc. the system thinks its still in the closed position so when you push the operate button again, it tries to extend the step again, hence the clicking. You can check if this is the case by opening the step and then manually pulling out the little plunger on the switch. If it now retracts OK, try a bit of WD40 on the switch to free it up.
shetland 33
shetland 33

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Funnily enough I read this post yesterday and thought I hope mine does not fail. Took my Nuevo today to get some fuel and whilst out I opened the step to let our dog out then it would not retract! I pushed it back by hand then when I got home cleaned all underneath with a brush and cleaned round the switch and pushed the switch in and out by hand a few times ( it is spring loaded ) and hey presto now works fine. At least I now know what to do so thanks. smile! smile!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for posting all this - I had a similar problem and it was fixed under warranty. Marquis simply replaced the step unit and sent the old one back to the makers, presumably under instructions from A/S
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

nuevo electric step fault Empty Thanks

Post by oddjob Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks for posting your recommended fix for non-retracting step.  I've  got the same problem on my nearly 3 year old Broadway EK. It's been driving me mad.   I'll give the fix a go and let you know how I get on.  New Member John Moate POOLE
oddjob
oddjob

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down