The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers

3 posters

Go down

2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers Empty 2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers

Post by Mmaree Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:39 am

Hi All

Looking for some assistance habitation door and gas locker doors screw covers are old and brittle and require replacing. I have tried infill strip it doesn't fit. Bailey too hat rail infill us too wide. Any ideas. I have attached an image of the fitting required it's approx 12mm. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mmaree
Mmaree

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers Empty Re: 2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:17 pm

Not much help I know but a forum user suggested some were on line to buy so a search should find replacements.
The strips round our gas locker need replacing again because they have shrunk so I will see what you find.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Mmaree likes this post

Back to top Go down

2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers Empty Re: 2003 Pollensa habitation door screw covers

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:57 pm

As a matter of interest I had a look through some bills stashed away in a locker. The seals I bought came from Seals + Direct. They are listed as screw covers not seals and they give all the dimensions you need.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Mmaree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:59 pm

I needed the same thing for our 2002 Pollensa a few years ago - to avoid the possibility of ordering online and getting the wrong thing, I simply took a short piece of the old strip to our local caravan/motorhome dealer's spares shop and they compared with the multitude of types they had in stock so as to come up with the correct thing. 

It may have cost me a few pence per metre more but I do try to use them as often as I can rather than always ordering online.

Is that feasible for you?

Last edited by rogerblack on Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo/clarification)

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Mmaree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmaree Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:10 pm

Hi Rodger

I took it to our local shop they didn't gave a clue about it unfortunately
Mmaree
Mmaree

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down