The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

2 posters

Go down

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK? Empty Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Post by moggyminor1966 Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:39 am

My Nuevo has a factory fitted solar panel and I wish to remove the battery to give it a full charge on my car charger as it does not seem to be holding its charge. There is a big fuse near the battery and assume this is for the solar panel. Do I have to remove this fuse first? Also there is another small lead which has a rubber cover on the end but is not connected to the battery- not sure what this is for. it is a Lucas 100ah battery. confused3
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK? Empty Re: Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Post by modelman Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:58 am

Before you remove the battery, try this:

Your solar panel should have a built-in diode to prevent the battery from discharging when dark, also there should be a charge-controller somewhere,

so, if the diode or the controller is 'iffy' then a flat battery will result, assuming of course the battery is ok to begin with.

The 2 x 40w panels on my van can easily keep the 2 leisure batts topped up.

Try sticking a meter across the battery is sunlight & see what the panel is supplying, no-load on mine is between 17- 21v

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK? Empty Re: Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Post by moggyminor1966 Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:21 am

modelman wrote:
Before you remove the battery, try this:

Your solar panel should have a built-in diode to prevent the battery from discharging when dark, also there should be a charge-controller somewhere,

so, if the diode or the controller is 'iffy' then a flat battery will result, assuming of course the battery is ok to begin with.

The 2 x 40w panels on my van can easily keep the 2 leisure batts topped up.

Try sticking a meter across the battery is sunlight & see what the panel is supplying, no-load on mine is between 17- 21v

Just had a look and the only thing I can find is a box behind the drivers seat which says Intelligent Controller which has 7 fuses and a red light on it. There is a plastic flap to gain access to the fuses but nothing else. The main battery charger at the back of the wardrobe has a small light inside it which you can see through the vents which is green when on EHU but turns red when I switch lights etc on?
Will ask my neighbour to check the voltage across the battery terminals.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down