The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Go down

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK? Empty Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Post by moggyminor1966 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:39 am

My Nuevo has a factory fitted solar panel and I wish to remove the battery to give it a full charge on my car charger as it does not seem to be holding its charge. There is a big fuse near the battery and assume this is for the solar panel. Do I have to remove this fuse first? Also there is another small lead which has a rubber cover on the end but is not connected to the battery- not sure what this is for. it is a Lucas 100ah battery. confused3
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK? Empty Re: Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Post by modelman on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:58 am

Before you remove the battery, try this:

Your solar panel should have a built-in diode to prevent the battery from discharging when dark, also there should be a charge-controller somewhere,

so, if the diode or the controller is 'iffy' then a flat battery will result, assuming of course the battery is ok to begin with.

The 2 x 40w panels on my van can easily keep the 2 leisure batts topped up.

Try sticking a meter across the battery is sunlight & see what the panel is supplying, no-load on mine is between 17- 21v

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

Removing battery from Nuevo II EK? Empty Re: Removing battery from Nuevo II EK?

Post by moggyminor1966 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:21 am

modelman wrote:
Before you remove the battery, try this:

Your solar panel should have a built-in diode to prevent the battery from discharging when dark, also there should be a charge-controller somewhere,

so, if the diode or the controller is 'iffy' then a flat battery will result, assuming of course the battery is ok to begin with.

The 2 x 40w panels on my van can easily keep the 2 leisure batts topped up.

Try sticking a meter across the battery is sunlight & see what the panel is supplying, no-load on mine is between 17- 21v

Just had a look and the only thing I can find is a box behind the drivers seat which says Intelligent Controller which has 7 fuses and a red light on it. There is a plastic flap to gain access to the fuses but nothing else. The main battery charger at the back of the wardrobe has a small light inside it which you can see through the vents which is green when on EHU but turns red when I switch lights etc on?
Will ask my neighbour to check the voltage across the battery terminals.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum