The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T.V Ariel

2 posters

Go down

T.V Ariel  Empty T.V Ariel

Post by Toffee Wed May 24, 2023 5:45 pm

Looking for a replacement wing ariel for the top of our 2016 van conversion, ours has become unreliable and wondered if anyone had one they had removed for sale.
Thanks
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

T.V Ariel  Empty Re: T.V Ariel

Post by Dbvwt Wed May 24, 2023 6:58 pm

I removed one in working order because it was so unreliable, great on some sites but totally rubbish on others. It went to the dump otherwise you were welcome to it! The Status 570 directional aerial I fitted in its place has been brilliant in comparison but obviously that is more than a 10 minute job.
It has been mentioned many times on here but the coax cabling/connections that are done by A/S at the factory are often poor, I couldn’t believe the workmanship at pretty much every joint (of which there are many, trust me!). Just wondering if that is part of your problem and not the actual aerial?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Wed May 24, 2023 8:25 pm

I’ve substituted the booster with another and bypassed the coax from the booster to the tv with a direct connection, I’ve checked the tv at home and on the van it picks up a lot less than it used to. The only bit I haven’t replaced is the Ariel and the lead from the Ariel to the booster. I had a status on a caravan but that wasn’t the best but that was back in the day before digital. 
Thanks for the suggestions though.
My Ariel is mounted on top of one of the ribs in the roof so the base isn’t fully in contact with the roof. Is the status Ariel able to be mounted in a similar fashion?
Toffee

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Wed May 24, 2023 8:28 pm

Just looked up the status directional and this isn’t an option on the van as there is no wardrobe to put the pole into.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down