The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED running light on Broadway

4 posters

Go down

LED running light on Broadway Empty LED running light on Broadway

Post by Apple Mon May 15, 2023 4:11 pm

Greetings

My 2013 Broadway has a bank of 5 LED running lights on each side. Only 2 of the 5 light (both sides) illuminate.  It seems unlikely to be a fuse fault as there is clearly power getting to both units, however it is odd that both sides have the same fault. Be grateful for any guidance and/or replacement / fitting advice

Many thanks
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

LED running light on Broadway Empty Re: LED running light on Broadway

Post by Cymro Mon May 15, 2023 5:27 pm

This rings a bell. I recall a thread on the Forum about exactly this issue, a few years ago. I'm afraid my proficiency with the search function is poor but do have a look for it. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon May 15, 2023 6:13 pm

I had same problem, but only one side. You can find direct replacements from from O’Leary Motor Homes at £50 for the pair, easy fitting into existing wiring.

You will also find a thread on here about a replacements by “Inspiredron” but his method was a bit technical for me so I went for the easy option.

Just for information if your not aware they are checked as part of your MOT.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

spanner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon May 15, 2023 6:27 pm

I assume we are talking about interior lights here as I don’t think exterior daylight running lights were fitted to the 2013 base vehicle, were they?

Edit: Forget that. I was wrong. EU produced vehicles were fitted with DRLs from 2011. This explains why my 2017 Hyundai doesn’t have them.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon May 15, 2023 7:00 pm

This is the link to the lights. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No Tim they are aftermarket not original fit, I think it was only cars in 2011, but I may be wrong there.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

spanner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon May 15, 2023 7:47 pm

There are several kits on eBay.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue May 16, 2023 7:54 am

Mike187 wrote:I had same problem, but only one side. You can find direct replacements from from O’Leary Motor Homes at £50 for the pair, easy fitting into existing wiring.

You will also find a thread on here about a replacements by “Inspiredron” but his method was a bit technical for me so I went for the easy option.

Just for information if your not aware they are checked as part of your MOT.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, very useful. I'm in my seventies and only a very basic DIYer please can you advise how you fitted your replacements 

Thanks
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Tue May 16, 2023 9:47 am

Apple wrote:Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, very useful. I'm in my seventies and only a very basic DIYer please can you advise how you fitted your replacements 

Thanks

I’m also in my seventies, my DIY  is still reasonable but my memory is suffering and it is a couple of years since I did this.scratch head

The pod the lights are in are held in place by a captive bolt on its back. I was able to reach this from under the bonnet, once you take the nut off the (rather long) bolt the pod will come out forwards. 

You should see a connection in the wire as you pull it out, disconnect it and the pod is then free.

At the back of the pod you should see two nuts that hold the bracket that hold the light unit, remove these.

Remove the fixing bracket, screw at either end, on the new unit and replace with the bracket from the old one.

Reassemble in reverse order.

This is my spare waiting the near side unit to fail showing the silver coloured bracket that you remove to fit the one from the old unit. The wire connector is  the same as on the original.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope that helps.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

spanner likes this post

Back to top Go down

LED running light on Broadway Empty Thank you

Post by Apple Tue May 16, 2023 10:42 am

H
Mike187 wrote:

I’m also in my seventies, my DIY  is still reasonable but my memory is suffering and it is a couple of years since I did this.scratch head

The pod the lights are in are held in place by a captive bolt on its back. I was able to reach this from under the bonnet, once you take the nut off the (rather long) bolt the pod will come out forwards. 

You should see a connection in the wire as you pull it out, disconnect it and the pod is then free.

At the back of the pod you should see two nuts that hold the bracket that hold the light unit, remove these.

Remove the fixing bracket, screw at either end, on the new unit and replace with the bracket from the old one.

Reassemble in reverse order.

This is my spare waiting the near side unit to fail showing the silver coloured bracket that you remove to fit the one from the old unit. The wire connector is  the same as on the original.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope that helps.

Mike
Thanks again Mike that detail an the pic is very very helpful I’ll get the replacements ordered today

smile!
Ps the missus says my memory is also shot !
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Mike187 likes this post

Back to top Go down