The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avtex Tourer 3 Satnav upgrade

2 posters

Go down

Avtex Tourer 3  Satnav upgrade Empty Avtex Tourer 3 Satnav upgrade

Post by phil1855 Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi All,
           Had an Avtex Tourer 1 satnav/rear view camera with my "New to Us" 2018 Bourton.

It has worked perfectly, not an issue with either the satnav or the reversing/ rear view camera. Today tried to do a maps upgrade on the Garmin site and it told me that I had insufficient memory to upgrade the Europe maps. We use it when travelling here and on the continent, and I do tend to rely on it, it has never let us down.

Question is, do I upgrade to the new Avtex Tourer 3, and will it link with my rear view camera?
 Its best part of £400, ( £361 for CAMC members), so no room for error here.
Has anyone bought one and linked it to their Autosleeper factory fitted rear view camera system ?  confused3
Was it worth the price?

Phil
phil1855
phil1855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Avtex Tourer 3  Satnav upgrade Empty Re: Avtex Tourer 3 Satnav upgrade

Post by RogerThat Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:07 pm

My 2017 van came with the same Avtex 1 / Garmin satnav and camera setup as yours.

I upgraded to the Avtex 2 around two years ago because the 1 had gotten unbearably slow to use.

If you're getting insufficient memory messages you could just buy a bigger MicroSD card for the fraction of the price of a full upgrade.

Your reversing camera is a Garmin BC30, the Avtex Tourer Three is not compatible, you'd need to also upgrade the camera to a Garmin BC50. They are £180 on Garmin website or £140 on Amazon.  Or the BC50IR (night vision) for £260.
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway

phil1855 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Avtex Tourer 3  Satnav upgrade Empty Re: Avtex Tourer 3 Satnav upgrade

Post by phil1855 Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:20 am

Cheers Roger,
                       Thanks for the full reply, probably look at the Micro SD upgrade. It seems the most cost effective way forward.
Phil
phil1855
phil1855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down