The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan & Motorhome Club Website

+20
ScribesWtr
ferguson700
Bobskate
v8oholic
Bilbobaggins
Slow-Lane
rgermain
Geoff57
Heanorboy
Askit
breakaleg
Peter Brown
DeeBee
Cymro
pstallwood
HJA
frederic
Tinwheeler
Paulmold
Kemerton-bath
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Club Website - Page 3 Empty Re: Caravan & Motorhome Club Website

Post by ruby Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:46 pm

I am glad to read this thread.  I have only used the new website once or twice recently and tend to be looking very last minute.  I also thought it a bit of a dogs dinner and that CAMC are really showing up as a for profit business with not much attention to member's needs.  For me, the 'deposit' for a one night stop at a club site almost equalled (by £1.50) the total cost.  So that didn't sit too well.  Then, as usual, I had to buy internet access onsite.  The website said 'from 8p a day' so my hopes were raised and when confronted with '£3.50' my hopes dashed again but I did buy it since I needed it that night.  Then as usual, it didn't work.  Despite me being parked 20m from the office block.  I am just using other sites more and more - and apart from their bathroom facilities (CAMC are good at those) I have a much nicer time with much nicer locations and usually, free wifi.  And then I don't mind so much if it doesn't work :)  I find sites by using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it has a very good search facility.
ruby
ruby

Female

Auto-Sleeper : topaz
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Club Website - Page 3 Empty Re: Caravan & Motorhome Club Website

Post by ScribesWtr Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:53 pm

We don't use any of the facilities on CAMC sites with the exception of EHU and water tap/drain preferring our onboard facilities.  They makes the club sites prices now completely unattractive for us with the possible exception of the minimum facilities ones and even they are getting pretty overpriced.  CLs are now proving much more attractive but the club are obviously making it harder to book these.
ScribesWtr
ScribesWtr

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:59 pm

Like Ruby all CLs (and C&CC CSs ) can be found on Ukcampsites and Search4sites.  You can't book them through the club anyway, so just use those websites and book direct.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

ScribesWtr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:05 pm

Along with the comments already made, the biggest regression (in my opinion) is to the 'Late Availability Checker'. It was brilliant - you could select a number of regions and scan the availability in the club sites over several weeks going forward. Not now - it appears to be the same as the regular booking system.

For example, when I put in "Lake District" it gave me a region in Canada and Calcutta! As much a Is love both of these places, I don't recall a Club site being there!

To be fair - I posted this on the CAMC Chat Group and I've now just been and done the same search and it is better.

Moral irs - complain at every little thing and maybe - just maybe - some of them will be fixed up!
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:06 pm

By the way - I did ask a question at the AGM regarding BETA Testing of the new system. This is the response.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:54 pm

From the C&MC Twitter page- 

We are updating our webpages regularly with information regarding all the latest fixes and what is upcoming. We would like to invite you to fill out a feedback form which goes directly to our technical team, outlining any issues that you have faced:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We have so far addressed the most common feedback provided by members and some of the fixes are now in place.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:36 pm

ScribesWtr wrote:We don't use any of the facilities on CAMC sites with the exception of EHU and water tap/drain preferring our onboard facilities.  They makes the club sites prices now completely unattractive for us with the possible exception of the minimum facilities ones and even they are getting pretty overpriced.  CLs are now proving much more attractive but the club are obviously making it harder to book these.
I can’t comment on all the issues as I haven’t come across them yet.

However, it’s not all bad. I wanted a CL this morning, it took me 30 seconds to find one using the app, 30 seconds to ring them, and then book the hard standing with EHU and facilities for £14 per night. 

So it’s not all bad all the time.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3