The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

4 posters

Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by Mr Grey Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:05 am

Hi Dan et al

We’re currently shopping around for Insurance on a 2003 Topaz we’ll hopefully be buying next weekend.

Is there a discount for ASOF members and if so do we need a code to access it?

Alternatively, (and with apologies to Dan) are there more competitive Insurers for our particular motorhomes which members have found?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can all provide.
Mr Grey
Mr Grey
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 38
Joined : 2022-08-25
Location : Wolverhampton
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by rogerblack Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:55 am

Depending on your individual needs, Safeguard motorhome insurance policy includes UK & European breakdown cover via AA Fleet Services at no additional cost on the premium, so worth getting a quote from them and also bearing this in mind when comparing total costs if breakdown cover is required.

_________________
drinksallround
cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2662
Joined : 2012-09-22
Member Age : 67
Location : East Neuk, Fife / Berkshire
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by Mr Grey Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:37 pm

Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!

_________________
Cheers, Ian
Mr Grey
Mr Grey
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 38
Joined : 2022-08-25
Location : Wolverhampton
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by rgermain Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 am

I am surprised Flux are the cheapest. Not knowing your age or history it a difficult question, but I found Saga to be the best. 

When it comes to breakdown cover, some are good some well?? I have found those that come included with the insurance, may need upgrading to give you good cover, ie homestart and recovery etc.

Good hunting and I am sure you will enjoy the Topaz, we had a T5 one for 9 years.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 3099
Joined : 2013-11-21
Member Age : 75
Location : Havant
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:34 pm

Mr Grey wrote:Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!
Hi.
Hopefully our quotation will be competitive.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 62
Joined : 2018-04-20
Location : King's Lynn, Norfolk
Auto-Sleeper : No
Vehicle Year : No

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by Mr Grey Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:25 am

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
Mr Grey wrote:Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!
Hi.
Hopefully our quotation will be competitive.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan

Actually looks like Rapper have finally come up with the best overall package but we’ll have another look on Saturday once we’ve decided to buy the van.

Appreciate the response up!
Mr Grey
Mr Grey
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 38
Joined : 2022-08-25
Location : Wolverhampton
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:22 am

Mr Grey wrote:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
Mr Grey wrote:Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!
Hi.
Hopefully our quotation will be competitive.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan

Actually looks like Rapper have finally come up with the best overall package but we’ll have another look on Saturday once we’ve decided to buy the van.

Appreciate the response up!
Never heard of Rapper. I would make sure they have a good track record on payouts etc, as the cheapest or best overall may not be the best when you want to make a claim, also I wonder will they hike next years premiums?
---------
Richard M/h owner for 20+ years.
rgermain
rgermain
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 3099
Joined : 2013-11-21
Member Age : 75
Location : Havant
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:14 pm

Mr Grey wrote:Hi Dan et al

We’re currently shopping around for Insurance on a 2003 Topaz we’ll hopefully be buying next weekend.

Is there a discount for ASOF members and if so do we need a code to access it?

Alternatively, (and with apologies to Dan) are there more competitive Insurers for our particular motorhomes which members have found?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can all provide.
By the way, meant to say welcome to the Forum asof_welcome2

-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 3099
Joined : 2013-11-21
Member Age : 75
Location : Havant
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Mr Grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by Mr Grey Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 pm

Thanks Richard. So Wifey was messing about with the various Compare Insurance sites, so when she told me the cheapest provider, I went to Stormzy rather than the type of plastic crinkly thing you get around a Quality Street Strawberry Creme. 

As it happens, Wrapper (lol) have now been beaten again by Adrian Flux as my OH wants the option to go across to France and it appears that we can include European breakdown cover, even though our prospective purchase is now 19 years old.

I feel some more research is in order. (And let’s face it, who doesn’t love a bit of research 🤪)

_________________
Cheers, Ian
Mr Grey
Mr Grey
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 38
Joined : 2022-08-25
Location : Wolverhampton
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum