The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ????

2 posters

Go down

Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ???? Empty Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ????

Post by Kokinoman Tue May 03, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi, I have just bought a 2006 Autosleeper Rienza, with a Telco Satellite system fitted to the roof, and cannot work out how to operate it. 
I have checked that the 12v switch on the RHS habitation entry panel is switched on, also that the consumer unit has all breaker switches in the upright position, and that there is a working 5A fuse in the Control Unit.
The set up incorporates a Telco Flatsat Easy satellite system coupled to a Maxview MXL020 Free-to-air Digital Satellite Receiver, both of which I have user manuals for, but which give me no clues as to what may be wrong.
When I press the On/Off button on the Wall mounted Control Unit, nothing happens, and no lights are illuminated!
Is there a 'hidden' fuse / switch somewhere that I cannot find, in the power supply side?
Having just given up caravanning I am a newbie to motorhomes, so have no experience to fall back on.
Can anyone please help with this rather annoying situation.
Also, on the on the nearside upright of the dashboard, there is a non functioning 'rocker switch' - does anybody have any idea what this may be for, as Ford tell me that it is not a standard Ford Transit fitment?
Thanks
Kokinoman
Kokinoman
Kokinoman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ???? Empty Re: Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ????

Post by Boggie Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Hi Kokomo Man,
I think your little rocker switch may be to isolate the internal cab  alarm sensors in case you leave a pet alone in the van.
Your TELCO sat system will be powered from the 12 volt supply normally powered from the wiring loom behind the seargeant unit where the MCB and fuses are. On our system there is also a small square control in the lounge in addition to the main control unit.

As to  the operation of your TELCO sat system, Press the SAT button on the control panel repeatedly. Each press changes the satellite choice. You need Astra2 28.2 degrees. Once you have selected Astra 2 the system should pause for a couple of seconds, then the dish will raise. After reaching full elevation, the dish will rotate to look almost South and lock on to the satellite. Once this happens, the display will say SAT OK.
The system will do this with or without the TV being turned on, so if. You have no picture at this stage the issue will lie between the control unit and your TV. Make sure the Sat cable from the control unit is connected to SAT1 on your TV or decoder
The AVTEX tv has built in sat receiver. The more F connectors you have between sat dish and TV the more likely you are to have signal problems so check that all connectors and properly fixed and that there are no short circuits between Screening sheath and inner core.
Good luck!
Do you know if the system was a professional install or a DIY install? 
If you do get it to raise,  start your engine. The SAT system should fold down and park as soon as the engine is started. If it doesn’t you have a DIY install and it may be safer to have the system checked out by a professional installer.
Boggie
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ???? Empty Re: Can't get Telco Flatsat Easy to operate ????

Post by Kokinoman Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:22 am

Hi Boogie,

Many thanks for your helpful thoughts.
It would seem that, from examination of the receipts that came with the van when I bought it, it was professionally 'disconnected' for some reason by the previous owner, despite the dealer that I bought it off assuring me that it worked perfectly!!!!!
I have tried, so far unsuccessfully, to locate a dealer in my area (Northampton) who is willing / able to check the system (without charging a fortune to do so) and I have been told that there may be a costly 'system upgrade' required, to get it working!
Whilst I am prepared to pay a sensible amount to investigate / resolve my problem, I am not willing to throw good money at it, if the chances of success are slim.
Any thoughts anybody please, before I abandon the idea of getting it working?
Thanks.
Kokinoman
Kokinoman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:25 pm

Hi Kokinoman,
 The only thing that was necessary to do to “Professionally disconnect” the system was to disconnect the 12 volt supply to the satellite system control panel, the same 12 volts that are permanently on when your control panel is switched on,
There is a TELCO agent and installer not too far from Northampton.
S&G Leisure, Unit 4, Watergate Farm, Woburn Road Hockliffe, LU79LN. 01582 562277. They sorted out my system when it wouldn’t work after a faulty install. Their rate was around £90 plus vat, but they didn’t take long to troubleshoot.
They are Left off the A5 south of Towcester at Hockliffe, about 3/4 mile from the village on the right.
Hope this helps,
Boggie.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokinoman Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:15 am

Hi Boggie,
Many thanks for your most helpful advice.
I rang Daniel at S&G Leisure yesterday morning, and he suggested I take the van over that afternoon for him to have a look at, to see what he could do.
Long story short......he diagnosed the reason why the system had been disconnected to a faulty control panel, which he promptly replaced for me, and got the system working again.
He and his dad could not have been more obliging, and I ended up agreeing to have them fit an aircon system for me in the near future, so all in all, a good day for all concerned.
I would happily recommend this professional family business to anyone in need of fitting / rectification of, satellite systems, 12v TV's, aircon, solar systems, wind out awnings, suspension upgrades, caravan movers, etc.
If you do visit them, ask for precise directions, as they are down a lane, and there is no signage to indicate their presence.
Thanks Boggie, your advice was spot on.
Kokinoman
Kokinoman
Kokinoman

Male

Back to top Go down