The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reversing Camera Monitor

4 posters

Go down

Reversing Camera Monitor Empty Reversing Camera Monitor

Post by croyle Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:52 pm

Hi. This is my very first post and hope I'm in the right place!!! I have a Symbol which I adore travelling around with the dog discovering new places and relaxing . However I had a reversing camera fitted from the dealer, coupled with a clip on the rear view mirror monitor.  It works a great and I really do need it as a lone driver. But this year the mirror came away from the windscreen, monitor and all.  I've tried all sorts of glue, sticky pads.  The mirror holds itself fine, but the weight of the monitor just pulls it away, some right off and some hanging precariously.  Has anyone else found this problem and how was it resolved?  I'm thinking of trying to mount it above the windscreen, but have no idea where to start, is there a bracket out there or even a block that the monitor can clip to which can be attached.  But I'm struggling where to start of turn for help.
croyle
croyle

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Reversing Camera Monitor Empty Re: Reversing Camera Monitor

Post by IanH Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:02 pm

There is a special glue for gluing mirrors to windscreens
Any of the windscreen replacement guys will help you, they have to re install the existing rear view mirror to a new windscreen.
Try local Autoglass or similar.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

croyle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:17 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum.  wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:56 pm

The previous owner of our van fixed the same type of monitor to the top of the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel. They’d fashioned a suitable wedge shaped mount to match the curve of the dashboard, and used a strong adhesive for fixing. 

I thought it looked naff at first but have got used to it, and find the viewing angle quite good, as it’s on the same eye line as the side mirrors.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:57 pm

The previous owner of our van fixed the same type of monitor to the top of the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel. They’d fashioned a suitable wedge shaped mount to match the curve of the dashboard, and used a strong adhesive for fixing. 

I thought it looked naff at first but have got used to it, and find the viewing angle quite good, as it’s on the same eye line as the side mirrors.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down