The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avtex TV shared knowledge

3 posters

Go down

Avtex TV shared knowledge Empty Avtex TV shared knowledge

Post by K & S Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:55 pm

Hi, I am not looking to trigger responses on the "rights & wrongs" of watching tv while camping or which is the best tv etc but looking for shared knowledge on using my Avtex 19 inch tv to record and play content. Having recently purchased this tv and soundbar I am reasonable pleased with picture quality and sound but recording onto their 8 usb stick is very limited in memory. I have a Humax box but Avtex advise I can only play from it to the tv not record.
Has anybody found either ways to add a larger memory usb device or hard drive that is compatible or, I do have an Apple ipad but suspect (although not tried) this can’t be played through the Avtex tv.
Avtex mentioned "larger memory devices can slow the tv" but not sure what that means in practice.
I could just purchase another one or two Avtex usb sticks if no better ideas from you guys.

PS I did have a problem this week with the tv not responding to the remote or from directly on the tv buttons.
I switched off the power and after 10 seconds switched back on and all was fine, this did happen again so I have asked Avtex to advise. I will post their responses.
K & S
K & S

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Avtex TV shared knowledge Empty Re: Avtex TV shared knowledge

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:29 pm

If you use any device that is powered from the USB you will pull down the TV voltage to the level that the set will switch off.

You could use a hard drive that has a separate Power supply but I think you are better advised to use a USB stick.

I also suggest that you don't record the HD channels as the playback can be erratic and on a 19 inch TV, SD picture quality is perfectly acceptable.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:56 pm

My 19.5" Avtex doesn't have recording. Instead it has catchup players to stream programmes over the last 7 days on demand, plus standalone iPlayer etc. So I can't help with the recording aspect. However I did have a look at a manual, is this the one you have?

https://www.avtex.co.uk/support/english/32-l199drspro-l219drspro-l249drspro-english/file

It says that it uses FAT32 format for the USB device. That means any size up to 2TB might work. But with any USB device, you have to format it on the TV itself. If you have a bigger USB stick lying around, why not just try it? The worst that can happen is it will tell you it's not supported when you try to format it on the television. I doubt it would affect performance unless you had a large number of recordings on the USB stick.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:48 pm

Thanks Guys
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 am

Is it just me? On my new Avtex 19 inch pro tv I find I can’t record when just receiving a satellite reception. I understand if I am watching something I can’t but when I schedule a recording it didn’t work. If I am able to receive an aerial signal the recording do generally work. Avtex sent me some resetting codes and info but still can’t record from satellite only.
Anybody had this issue please?
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down