The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many nights away did you manage in '21

+21
Caraman
Slaphead
Jaytee
Peter Brown
Kemerton-bath
streetglider
Askit
inspiredron
bikeralw
Kdc
rgermain
IanH
burlingtonboaby
Cymro
nuevoboy
Weegie
Slow-Lane
SENTINEL
babian
Bilbobaggins
Paulmold
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many nights away did you manage in '21 - Page 2 Empty Re: How many nights away did you manage in '21

Post by Paulmold Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:21

For the last three years I've used the Daybook app on my phone and tablet, you can add photos to it as well. On same dates of previous trips it sends a reminder which is a nice to look back on.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

How many nights away did you manage in '21 - Page 2 Empty Re: How many nights away did you manage in '21

Post by bikeralw Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:22

Kemerton-bath wrote:60 nights last year, including 33 in Austria.

Tim
Love Austria, but I got a speeding fine notice drop on the mat a month after returning home after our last visit, which doubled every month or so till they gave up communicating.
 Three years have passed now. I'm afraid I may be stung for several thousand euros if I ever went back.
I was only doing 5kph over the limit as I was trying to slow down without cooking the brakes while descending a mountain pass near Innsbruck.,
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Knick-Knack Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:47

61, mainly lots of short trips.

We usually use the van every month, but seem to have missed out December last year, plus the early lockdown months of course.  2021 was UK only for us.  Hoping to get to Germany or Spain/Portugal this year.

We have found very few places that we would not revisit, but also plenty of new places to try.
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 7:26

A little old school here as well, medium size travel log/journal, hand written.
Full of old photos, ferry tickets, sectioned with trips, sites, wildlife spotted, phone numbers and site owners "names". Very handy being able to call someone by their name years later for a last minute night stop, if your passing. Also personal site reviews and fun memories along the journey. A section for van details, service record, "tyre pressures" test levels, etc.
Important section a record of site charges!!!
Makes for a nice hours read and the words "remember when..??"
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 8:32

Just 36 last year
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 10:19

Well for us it’s 36 which is down on our usual…..for example last year we didn’t do our 3/4 weeks on the continent….nor will we this year. Mind you this question meant we had to consult our “ Libby log” which is a narrative plus sketch book that my wife compiles covering all of our  camping and now motorhoming trips for the last 30 years or so. On a cold winter’s evening it makes a pleasant diversion to grab an old log from years back and read though…..much of it is “as new”…the things you forget. (We know how to live life on the edge in our household!) Many a time my wife will say “do you remember when we went to so and so” I will reply with some authority “never been there”. That often results within 10 mins or so in the log being brandished  with the forgotten destination clearly there! Hmmm……
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

babian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 10:38

I keep a holiday log/diary/journal too. What we did each day, places visited, etc. I started with our first big trip abroad in the mid 1980s and have kept one ever since. Hand written using a spiral-bound reporter's notepad I type each one up when we're home again (I can touch type). It's a lovely way to recall all the details so easily forgotten. 

Combined with our photos each one makes a good record of our various travels. Apart from making them easier to read, an advantage of typing them up is they can be searched easily, which helps resolve the usual, "What was the name of the place we saw the yellow dog?"
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 12:44

I'm impressed by the many and various ways that members use to record trips away. We take photos wherever we go so all the places we visit are filed and detailed on the PC but I also have a file on my phone where I simply record the dates, duration and locations of all our trips.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 12:55

Many of my friends have (as a lot of you do) for many years kept detailed logs of their travels. I prepare an itinerary at the beginning of each year to let the family know when we will be away and up date it as the year progresses - on read back it lets me know we have been away but when we are abroad it is very unlikely that we will follow the planned trip so have to rely on memory and photographs.

I've used a personal calendar in MS Outlook since about 2000, that will definitely tell me we've been away but it may just be a five week block saying France.

Chris has a journal but that is more narrative than record and it not a daily thing.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 15:27

very surprised here, just went up to van (batteries both ok direct solar) and read our travel log.
79 nights away 2021.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2