The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance renewal cheaper than last year

+7
Eltel
mikethebike
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Tinwheeler
tr5sean
babian
Paulmold
11 posters

Go down

Insurance renewal cheaper than last year  Empty Insurance renewal cheaper than last year

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Renewal just received , 9% cheaper than last year. Presumably lower travel over the past year has resulted in fewer claims and therefore lower premiums. Will still get a comparative quote , as broker says it will beat any better price.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Insurance renewal cheaper than last year  Empty Re: Insurance renewal cheaper than last year

Post by babian Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:14 am

we will have to see how insurance renewal premiums are affected this year with new guidence coming in.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
one phone call in mid December to my car insurance provider stating that I was not about to automatically renew as they wanted £60 more and with a quick comparison check I could get it far cheaper.
Asked what source, company, exact quote amount £30 less than 2021 premium...."yes Sir we can match that, please stay with us"
Job done and will see next year if loyalty matters for anything.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Insurance renewal cheaper than last year  Empty Re: Insurance renewal cheaper than last year

Post by tr5sean Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 pm

Paulmold wrote:Renewal just received , 9% cheaper than last year. Presumably lower travel over the past year has resulted in fewer claims and therefore lower premiums. Will still get a comparative quote , as broker says it will beat any better price.
Hi what company do you use?  

Judging by your posts you seem to know what what's what!
tr5sean
tr5sean

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Transit Mk 5 Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am

Adrian Flux (with Highway Insurance). Discount for forum members. I do a comparison check every year and never get a cheaper quote , that of course is for my details and may not apply to everyone. I limit mileage to 5k and me as only driver, also have protected ncb (same premium as non-protected but higher excess figures).

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:03 pm

Well, here’s a turn up for the books. Our renewal came today and the premium is £200 less than last year!

Twelve months ago we had the Warwick and now have the Pulsar but they’re similar value and on exactly the same Fiat auto base vehicle.

Fearing it was an error which would catch up with us eventually, we rang the office to be told the insurance company - NFU - has reviewed its prices because it found it was losing business to cheaper insurers. Our renewal is £242 for a 2021 vehicle with enhanced RAC cover, 2 drivers, 10k mileage allowance and protected NCD. I’m well pleased.  agree3
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:33 pm

That's almost exactly the same as mine except I don't get breakdown cover. I think I should've waited until the new year before renewing (I renewed it around 29th but renewal wasn't due until 8th ) as the new rules regarding different prices for new business came into effect and may have had an impact on prices ,

Donator
Donator

Male

babian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:40 pm

I’ve never known NFU to play the new business game so I don’t think that affected my renewal. They were never the cheapest insurer but the cover is good and I can’t fault their handling of the claim we made on our car policy.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Cymro and T&H like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:03 pm

tr5sean wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Renewal just received , 9% cheaper than last year. Presumably lower travel over the past year has resulted in fewer claims and therefore lower premiums. Will still get a comparative quote , as broker says it will beat any better price.
Hi what company do you use?  

Judging by your posts you seem to know what what's what!
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to give us a try if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Male

Auto-Sleeper : No
Vehicle Year : No

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:53 pm

Its just been announced that premiums up going up  by 7%.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:49 am

My car insurance was due on the 1st of January and was about a fiver less than last year.

When the Motorhome insurance is due I will be checking prices to ensure I get the best deal 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:49 am

Just renewed our MH insurance with Life sure, fully comp £72 cheaper than last year. Same cover.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

babian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:53 am

My van insurance is with Adrian Flux and not due for some months. However the car is due for renewal. I've been with Saga for many years and always had a good deal. However not only was their quote 10% up on last year, but also the compulsory excess had risen to £500. So I've changed to another company, same cover in every respect, 30% lower premium and only £100 excess.
It does pay to shop around.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:17 am

bikeralw wrote:My van insurance is with Adrian Flux and not due for some months. However the car is due for renewal. I've been with Saga for many years and always had a good deal. However not only was their quote 10% up on last year, but also the compulsory excess had risen to £500. So I've changed to another company, same cover in every respect, 30% lower premium and only £100 excess.
Al.
Would you mind passing on your new Company? I am in the same boat as with Saga. I have my concerns about Adrian Flux though.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:23 pm

Hoping that my insurance is going to drop this year, we changed van's mid term last year and it was an eye watering increase even though we activated the tracker.

I could of course cancelled and gone elsewhere.

I will shop around I have tried these motorhome comparison sites but they come back as the dearest every time I try them.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:48 pm

rgermain wrote:
bikeralw wrote:My van insurance is with Adrian Flux and not due for some months. However the car is due for renewal. I've been with Saga for many years and always had a good deal. However not only was their quote 10% up on last year, but also the compulsory excess had risen to £500. So I've changed to another company, same cover in every respect, 30% lower premium and only £100 excess.
Al.
Would you mind passing on your new Company? I am in the same boat as with Saga. I have my concerns about Adrian Flux though.
---------
Richard
No problem Richard, it's Sheilas' Wheels. I've never had dealings with them before, they came as a recommendation from a friend.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:13 pm

Sheila's Wheels along with Direct Line are part of Esure group. It's quite amazing you owns what in the insurance world. If you don't like your renewal quote and shop around, the chances are you will go with another company in the same group. This makes good reading to find who owns what, even the comparison sites are owned by insurance groups......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:28 pm

bikeralw wrote:
rgermain wrote:
Al.
---------
Richard
No problem Richard, it's Sheilas' Wheels. I've never had dealings with them before, they came as a recommendation from a friend.
Al.
Thank you.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015