The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to everyone

5 posters

Go down

Hello to everyone  Empty Hello to everyone

Post by robdolphin Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:41 pm

Hi everyone

I’m Rob.  Just joined and delighted to find this forum.  I am the proud owner of a 1992 Talbot Talisman which we purchased this time last year.  Good, solid example, but has needed some work done to bring it up to scratch.  So far we have had rear springs fully replaced with heavy duty replacements, all gear linkages adjusted so it now gets all 5 gears fine, some other minor repairs done and habitation check completed.  I’ve also replaced one of the roof lights and sealed the others to fix a few leaks.  All now completely watertight.  Upholstery and cabinets in superb condition and all blinds and fly screens work perfectly.

Lockdown has meant that we are way behind schedule with our appliance repairs, but starting to get there now, with new water heater module now installed, and brand new leisure battery.  Truma heater burner of the right size is proving trickier to find and currently researching whether it is best to try to fix the rather jaded RM400 Electrolux 3way fridge, or replace it with a 5 series, which I gather may be tricky because the venting requirements are slightly different? We’re also planning to install a solar panel - flexi type. Any tips with any of the above, much appreciated.

Had the van away for our first overnight recently, and immediate feedback from my wife was that she would feel more secure in something with more engine power and would like the luxury of something a little more modern.  Also, on reflection, although we initially both loved the flexi seating and rear kitchen arrangement in the Talisman, she has now seen other vans with U-shaped rear lounges and would dearly like one. It would also be useful to have a four burner rather than a two burner hob, and also a shower.  So, while we continue to bring the Talisman up to spec, I am now on the lookout for an Autosleeper Legend.  (The monocoque fibreglass shell of the Auto-Sleepers is, in my view, not something to be let go of lightly.) Have seen a couple of old adverts of lovely Legend examples that have changed hands in the last five years or so, so now keen to hear of anyone out there who has one, or knows someone who has one, and is looking to sell in the near future.  Happy to wait a bit to get the right vehicle. (Our elderly dog didn’t cope too well with the disruption of being away in the van, so not likely to be overnighting again this year, or for as long as we still have her.) We’re looking for a van with both roof ladder for our kayak, and cycle rack.  We’ll also need somewhere other than the tall cupboard to transport our inflatable SUP, but we can maybe get a roof box for that. 
Thanks in anticipation to anyone who can help us in our quest, and great to be here for all the Autosleeper know-how meanwhile.

Rob
robdolphin
robdolphin

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talbot Talisman
Vehicle Year : 1992

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone  Empty Re: Hello to everyone

Post by roli Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:50 pm

asof_welcome2
The Legend is a great van and a good choice
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:13 am

Hi Bob
Welcome to the forum from Bridington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:06 am

Rob
Welcome you'll find this a great site, no such a thing as a stupid question here!!!
I have PM'd you
IanH drinksallround
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:36 pm