The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Boxer First Service

+14
Greyhound
glyne lock
SENTINEL
rogerblack
roli
Dbvwt
BornAgain
jetty
Molly3
Knick-Knack
rgermain
Boggie
gef
Caraman
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peugeot Boxer First Service Empty Peugeot Boxer First Service

Post by Caraman Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:22 pm

My 2019 Nuevo is due it's first Peugeot service at the end of May after 2 years and a only 5k miles.  

My nearest Peugeot Boxer dealer has quoted £530.42 which they describe as a major service i.e. not just an oil change, and they say it is needed to maintain the Peugeot warranty.  Although I have a Peugeot Warranty & Maintenance Record booklet, I don't seem to have a servicing schedule that explains what is required at each service and so far I haven't found one on-line but I came across this website:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

which quoted me £162 after I fed in my Reg No and postcode and recognised it as a Boxer.  Even if there are some hidden extras it is in a different ball park to the Peugeot quote.

What do other people do for their first service whilst still under warranty?  Is £530.42 par for the course noting that there was no service at the 1 year point?

Last edited by Caraman on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer First Service Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer First Service

Post by gef Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:32 pm

I believe as long as the garage is vat registered you are covered. I also can find no info in the service record book but from previous vans its an oil change and brake fluid test
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello Carman,
My Corinium was due for its first service in September 2020 and I booked it in with Robins & Day in Sheffield. Because of Covid I had to book a time slot for handing it in.
The appointment slot worked fine and the Peugeot main dealer Robins Day did the first service for £145. I can thoroughly recommend them.
The company who want to charge you over £500 are ripping you off as the first service is basically an oil and filter change, a software update if required and a general check of lights brakes and all other fluid levels. If you check your documentation it does say that the first service is due in 20,000 miles or 2 years. Mine had done 5,000 at 2 years. Is yours a high mileage vehicle?
Go somewhere else and use another main dealer
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:59 pm

No way, I paid about £350 in 2018 for 1st and £430 in 2020 for 2nd Major at Hamble motors main Peugeot dealer, they have high lift ramps etc, just across the road from Dolphin MH'S

Not a million miles away from you, mind you that was before Brexit and Covid and Suez blocking!!!!!

Get a couple of quotes and barter with them, Hamble did match other Peugeot dealers online quotes.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : 2015

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Boggie wrote:Hello Carman,
My Corinium was due for its first service in September 2020 and I booked it in with Robins & Day in Sheffield. Because of Covid I had to book a time slot for handing it in.
The appointment slot worked fine and the Peugeot main dealer Robins Day did the first service for £145. I can thoroughly recommend them.
The company who want to charge you over £500 are ripping you off as the first service is basically an oil and filter change, a software update if required and a general check of lights brakes and all other fluid levels. If you check your documentation it does say that the first service is due in 20,000 miles or 2 years. Mine had done 5,000 at 2 years. Is yours a high mileage vehicle?
Bargain, wish were down South smile! my oil, filter and the regulation brake fluid change came to more than £145!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Boggie wrote:Hello Carman,
we are talking about two different things here...
the Sevel vehicles dont need a service in year one (unless exceptionally high mileage) so Boggies 'first service' on his 2019 vehicle is for 12mths after first registration. this service is not actually needed and no doubt he will have it seviced again next year, which will be the 'major' service that Caraman is describing.
so, at year two, Boggie will have paid for two services and Caraman just one.
My van was serviced by a Fiat Professional dealer at year two...nr £500, its just passed year four and i had it serviced by my local (MH owning) garage, £250.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Knick-Knack Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Caraman

You could try Alltechnique at Old Sarum (if you can struggle that far!).  That's where I take mine.  As long as the service schedule is met (and recorded) I don't see why it should have to be a main dealer.

Neither do I see why VAT registration has anything to do with it.

Nick
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Someone has to pay  for the armchairs,  pile carpets  and coffee maker ,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Knick-Knack wrote:Caraman

You could try Alltechnique at Old Sarum (if you can struggle that far!).  That's where I take mine.  As long as the service schedule is met (and recorded) I don't see why it should have to be a main dealer.

Neither do I see why VAT registration has anything to do with it.

Nick
Vat registration  shows it is  genuine garage ,  not fred the shed
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by jetty Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Sounds steep. I had my 2018 Nuevo have its first service at 2 years (full service) at the Preston Peugeot dealer in June 2020 for close to £375 including VAT
jetty
jetty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm

Thanks everyone.  I'm sounding out other dealers all of which are some distance from me.  Knick-Knack - thanks.  I think you told me about Alltechnique before which I'll follow up as they are so close.  We are told that you don't have to have your vehicle serviced at a dealership to preserve the warranty providing its serviced in accordance with the servicing schedule.  It would be useful to see the servicing schedule.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:11 pm

I think it all comes down to how well you sleep at night.

I my case I would more than likely be thinking did a non Peugeot use genuine parts and what oil did they use. 

What I am trying to say is for the sake of a couple of 100 pounds once every 2 years I would rather know it was done and used the correct parts and if a newish van still under warranty any claim would not be questioned with regard to who serviced it.

Good will also comes to mind, had dreadful problems with the VW T5 Topaz and VW dealer gave me a huge discount when the ABS module and starter motor failed, for the 2nd time at 4 years.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:05 pm

Finding out about Peugeot servicing is a challenge but I seem to recall that you can register on the Peugeot UK website, enter your vehicle details and get a service schedule. The difficulty is finding a workshop which will take Class 7 vehicles (up to 3500 t) that is also Peugeot approved. They are a bit funny about honouring warranty and it’s quite important because I had a faulty temperature sensor which required a completely new wing mirror - a job which would normally cost several hundred pounds without warranty. Although you can get a “Peugeot service” using Peugeot parts at various chain garages quite reasonably, I don't believe this would be accepted for warranty purposes.

I did find prices varied significantly and in the end had an hours drive to find somewhere reasonable.

Next year when the MOT is due you could certainly use any garage that will take a motorhome. If they find a warranty issue then you just take it to a Peugeot garage.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 pm

I completely agree with what you are saying Richard but my experience with trying to get basic answers regarding the first service on my Symbol from Peugeot was frankly dreadful.

If I recall, you had great service from your local Peugeot dealer and if I had experienced the same then I would have just gone with them.
However, I rang 5 dealers (all Peugeot commercial) and hit wall after wall of people who just didn’t have a basic understanding of what I was talking about, just quoting from a screen that they obviously also didn’t understand. There didn’t seem to be a means of talking to anyone with a mechanical background?

Going local and finding a decent reputable independent saved me a fortune, kept the warranty intact and also gave me more confidence than anything Peugeot could offer.

I guess it depends on your local dealer at the end of the day.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am

Yes it always seems to be the case. I used to use a local repair centre, the owner was very good and knew his stuff, but as time went on he seemed to become desk bound and employed spotty little ex school boys who often forgot to tighten things etc.

Not been back there for 10 years, sad but true.

Must say Hamble seem to have been on the ball sofar, both workwise and billing.
Only downside, their carpark is always full, which must say something.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 am

I too think that was a bit pricey but there does seem to be a variation between Peugeot Dealers.
Initially I had to go to a neighbouring town as there was no Pug dealer in our town. They seemed to be expensive compared to what others were reporting, but I needed a Pug Dealer due to the unreliability of the vehicle. 
It was only when a problem occured in Scotland and the dealer I took in was chatting to me I realised  I should be looking elswhere so ended up at Robins and Day in Salford who were very good and not overpriced on servicing. They are I understand owned by Pug/Cit etc or what ever they are called now
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 am

Caraman wrote:Thanks everyone.  I'm sounding out other dealers all of which are some distance from me.  Knick-Knack - thanks.  I think you told me about Alltechnique before which I'll follow up as they are so close.  We are told that you don't have to have your vehicle serviced at a dealership to preserve the warranty providing its serviced in accordance with the servicing schedule.  It would be useful to see the servicing schedule.
Reliance at Chichester is building a very strong reputation on our forum for both hab and base vehicle servicing...my pal had his done there, glowing report.....just over an hour for you...
they are Fiat Professional but a call will check if they do Peugeot too.
good luck with the search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 am

Just be aware - we had an issue with our Boxer not long after buying it second hand, it was just out of warranty and our Peugeot dealer said they could have pushed the point and got it covered by Peugeot were it not for the fact that the previous owner had had one of the services done at a FIAT dealer not Peugeot.  In the end we were able to get a part refund but the cost to us was still a lot more than a few hundred pounds difference in service cost between garages.

Also with newer vehicles there are so many issues that can be down to software updates that would be known to the approved dealer but not a third party garage, even if they had the equipment.  We have found this with our 2019 model VW car.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 am

hence my caveat....check to see if they are a Peugeot sanctioned dealer, too...👍
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am

Our 2018 Symbol had its first 2 year service (Mileage 4,069) at Motorline Peugeot Canterbury February 2020, before we purchased it in October 2020
It was a Major Service - £428
Included -
Engine Flush
Fuel System Cleaner
Air Con Treatment
Washer Liquid !!!
Brake Fluid
Oil Filter
Oil Castrol Mag C
Drain Plug gasket
Filter Pad
Pollen Filter
Air Filter
Labour 

Our next service is due February 2022. As we do not live anywhere near Canterbury we have searched, much like others have already mentioned, for a Peugeot workshop that will accept Boxers & apparently even more challenging - Motorhomes, even PVCs!
Peugeot themselves could not provide the accurate information, and one on the list asked to see the vehicle before they would agree to book it in because of where the doors might be located, they seemed to think that they had changed (presumably not understanding that a PVC is just like a Boxer in van form!). Another drew breath, and said no motorhomes - too many pipes and equipment underneath for safe handling.
It looks like we will opt for one on the list of Approved Workshops, not too far from us. They offer Servicing, MOTs and Habitation Checks etc

Last edited by SENTINEL on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 am

Just to add, our very local and very trusted garage unfortunately can't help us much because of height/weight.
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am

All sound advice and that’s why I tried 5 different main Peugeot commercial dealers before giving up!
The mention of a Motorhome got them in a frenzy of confusion even after stating it was basically a Boxer van. I called a few of them a couple of days later not mentioning‘Motorhome’, just enquiring about a service on a Boxer van and still met helpful but uninformed people on the end of the phone.
One had never even heard of a Boxer van!!!

Edit posted before seeing 2 replies above.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

SENTINEL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:33 am

yes, its certainly more apparent that Fiat Professional dealers are more prolific than the Peugeot equivalent.
we have major Peugeot dealers in Bridgwater, Taunton etc (my dad's Motability vehicle done there) but ive never needed to enquire about a Boxer van...
what i have noticed is that all the Fiat Professional dealers ive come across (we have a small Fiat car ourselves) seem to have large, high workshops.
my own service center at Portsmouth takes all Fiat base vehicle servicing around the corner to the local FP workshop...and we are talking about 9 mtr tag axle jobs...

David, ive just found this service.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] need to enter reg no and postcode for a quote...pick up and drop off...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Thanks Chris but I’m sorted with a local company that did my service back in November.
Could be of help to others though up!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi contributors,
There is a lot of difference in the prices being quoted, but let’s not forget that Carman,s peugeot base vehicle is powered by the new 163hp engine which has totally different service requirements to the earlier engines. Their first interim service is at 2 Years or 20000 miles
The earlier engines needed servicing at 1&2 years.
To make the point, here is a copy below of my first service invoice at 2years and approx 4800 mile at a Peugeot main dealer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next