The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale

3 posters

Go down

Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale Empty Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale

Post by babian Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:16 am

Hi, this Fiamma carry bike pro (two bike rails) in very good condition is still for sale (and in my way)
Long story but during last years lockdowns we did not want anyone we did not know coming around to view etc, just tried to stay safe.
The twin bike rack is in great condition, came off a Peugeot Boxer ( PVC like the Warwick etc)  comes with instruction manual for fitting.
I've been told it is worth more but would take £150
please PM message me if interested.
I would hope anyone coming to look at it would do that after March 29th ( due to unnecessary travel restrictions being lifted)
Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale Image97
Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale Image98

Last edited by babian on Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale Empty Re: Fiamma carry bike Pro for sale

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:13 am

Hi BBN, I'm sorry to divert your thread slightly but you may be able to answer something that's been bothering me. I was looking at a PVC ad yesterday and it had a bike rack like yours on the offside barn door. Probably like you we'd have no use for it but I was looking at the fittings that attach it to the door and wondering how they're fixed and if there's a risk of damage if you remove them?

My only experience of bike racks was one I had years ago on a lifthatch Transit PVC and that one hooked over the top and bottom of the door.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:30 am

hi, no problem.
rack has full instructions include etc. 
if you look at the photo outside ends , top and bottom fixing rails. There are adjustable claw/clamps that designed to fit around the offside door outer edges. When I removed the bike rack there was no visible damage or scratches to the door or paint etc. There also was no fixing holes drilled through the door (which was a relief) which is how you would (110%)  fix the rack too the door for extra peace of mind etc.
There was the indication that clear tape had been used to extra protect the outside edge door paint ( which worked as I said)
The top and bottom fixing rails have thick rubber profiled strips to cushion the frame against the door face when clamping up the frame.
Hope this helps and also guides a future owner of the bike rack.
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 am

After posting I found a Youtube video of someone fitting a similar rack. He drilled four holes in the door and didn't entertain the idea that it could be held on by the end clamps on their own. 

I guess it's a matter of luck whether the original fitter went the whole caboodle or just used the clamps. I'm just wondering, if it had been screwed, whether it would be better to leave the bars on or take them off. If you took them off you'd have to cover four holes somehow and maybe strip the door trim to find the four nuts and washers from the inside of the door.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:53 am

If I recall IanH posted on here that he blanked off the security holes, if done on your van, with some domed headed bolts.

Full instructions for fitting rack can be found online.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:56 am

steamdrivenandy wrote:After posting I found a Youtube video of someone fitting a similar rack. He drilled four holes in the door and didn't entertain the idea that it could be held on by the end clamps on their own. 

I guess it's a matter of luck whether the original fitter went the whole caboodle or just used the clamps. I'm just wondering, if it had been screwed, whether it would be better to leave the bars on or take them off. If you took them off you'd have to cover four holes somehow and maybe strip the door trim to find the four nuts and washers from the inside of the door.
I have actually left the bars in place, incase we ever get round to riding bikes again. After a while you really don't notice them, mind you our van is silver or what ever Peugeot call it, so the bars match perfectly smile!
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:08 am

Thanks everyone for keeping my advert in the headlines smile!
It I believe comes down to what people do with their own campervan.
They want to camp, Carry and use bicycles, then a rear bike rack is needed. Fixed appropriately for their long term ownership etc.
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to express the virtues of bike racks attached to tow bar balls soon, again everyone to their own.smile! up! and what ever you have to attach it to, no ball, no ball rack etc
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:22 am

rgermain wrote:If I recall IanH posted on here that he blanked off the security holes, if done on your van, with some domed headed bolts.

Full instructions for fitting rack can be found online.
---------
Richard

Dome headed bolts would look fine, but they presumably have to have nuts on the inside of the door to hold them in place. That presumably means stripping the interior door trim to be able to get at them.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

steamdrivenandy and babian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:43 pm

Just to bring this for sale advert back to life and refresh the information.
Really is in my way now !!! sun is out and workshop/shed being cleared out for next bike restoration.
Must be a Bargain now......will take £120...Anyone???
Buyer to collect in person, Northamptonshire.
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:09 am

hi and sorry to nudge this up again.
Still in my way and still needing to sell £120 buyer to collect Northamptonshire.
Recently seen lots of new members joining who might have missed this opportunity for their van conversation smile!
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum