The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman

2 posters

Go down

Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman Empty Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman

Post by Choosystuff Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:09 pm

Last year we bought a fabulous 1991 Fiat Ducato Autosleeper in top notch condition. However, it passed the habitation check, but they have decommissioned the Water heater. The service centre said it had a leak in the gas valve. I have managed to purchase a new gas valve for £149 but now they are telling me they won’t fit it as this type of water heater is not up to current regulations. It is a Vaillant Mag 125/7.

I have read many forum posts by clever folk who have fixed their own or replaced it with an updated version. So, I’m desperately looking for an engineer/mechanic who could do the work for me (I’ll pay anything!!!), either by replacing the valve or helping me to find a boiler to fit in its place. I live in Harrogate Yorkshire HG3 3RU but would be willing to travel to find the right person. Ive included the url for the description of the van and where I bought it https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/auction-dates/vehicles/10408-new-entry-1991-fiat-ducato-autosleeperVaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman 62e6c928-311f-41e9-be33-8426ff004c5f
Choosystuff
Choosystuff

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Auto Sleeper Executi
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman Empty Re: Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman

Post by Roopert Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:14 pm

That's a surprise to me - I didn't know that A/S used the Fiat Ducato way back in 1991 - I think that would be a very rare van indeed, because I ~think~ almost all production at that time would have been on the Talbot?

This isn't really a good place to post, because this part of the forum doesn't get much traffic. Far better to post questions like this in the "Monococque Motorhomes" or " Classic Models" further up the forum index if you want to get it seen and replied to.

Having said that, you are in a tiny minority here now - I doubt there can be any significant number of owners with a Vaillant water heater.

The reason why it's a difficult problem to solve is because almost all of the modern safety-reg-compliant alternatives are not designed to be wall-mounted - they are all designed to sit at floor level, typically under a seat, and are designed with a balanced flue which exits through a large-ish hole in the side of the van. So you can't just take out the Vaillant and bung something in its place.

Having said that, I don't think you should have much trouble getting it repaired. Any gas repair engineer should be able to do it, in a practical sense. The stumbling block may be an unwillingness to sign off something that cannot meet current safety regs - but that is an issue that is different to the technical task of fitting a valve!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman Empty Re: Vaillant Mag 125 boiler for 1991 Talisman

Post by Choosystuff Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Gosh thank you for this I may try reposting as yours was the only reply
Choosystuff
Choosystuff

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Auto Sleeper Executi
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down