The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination

3 posters

Go down

2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination Empty 2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination

Post by janian Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi. Has anyone removed or pulled back the vinyl floor covering on a Nuevo or other model in order to do the drill and fill method of delamination repair? I have a slight movement in the floor in the centre near to the front of the van. I was thinking of cutting it either side against the base of the seats and a cut along the edge of the metal strip at the front between the vinyl and cab carpet and rolling it back away from the affected area. It should then roll back and stick down once the job is done. (In an ideal world anyway!) Just wondering how hard it is stuck down or if it will come away fairly easily?
janian
janian

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination Empty Re: 2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination

Post by bikeralw Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:35 pm

The vinyl isn't stuck down. In my case I removed one of the bed bases so only a small amount of cutting was required. Just a matter of rolling it back after doing the job.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination Empty Re: 2003 Nuevo slight floor delamination

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:38 pm

You could always get s floor fitter to relay the whole floor in the colour of your choice afterwards, only a few sq metres, might also 'lift' the interior?
I'd have thought the vinyl floor is a secondary consideration?..and is, by comparison, cosmetic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by janian Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:06 pm

bikeralw wrote:The vinyl isn't stuck down. In my case I removed one of the bed bases so only a small amount of cutting was required. Just a matter of rolling it back after doing the job.
Al.
That sounds good thanks
janian
janian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janian Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:08 pm

bolero boy wrote:You could always get s floor fitter to relay the whole floor in the colour of your choice afterwards, only a few sq metres, might also 'lift' the interior?
I'd have thought the vinyl floor is a secondary consideration?..and is, by comparison, cosmetic.
Yes that would be my plan B, but seems that it isn't stuck down according to bikeralw. Thanks both for your info.
janian
janian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 pm

I guess you could always check first by lifting the vinyl a little in the middle with some kind of sucker such as the type that attaches a sat-nav to the windscreen.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:36 pm

I had mine done  under  warranty  they cut round the edges  ( not autosleeper  )
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down