The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004

+5
mikethebike
Dave 418
roli
burlingtonboaby
Roger C
9 posters

Go down

Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004 Empty Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004

Post by Roger C Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:19 am

Hello All. I'm Roger, my partner is Janey. We've been caravanning for several years but have just bought a 2004 AS Pollensa 4-berth so we can begin to take the grandchildren away with us (occasionally). We've joined the Forum in the hope of learning about the Pollensa's quirks (like the Control Panel) and foibles (like dim cabin ligts), as the original AS manual is a little lacking in detail. We have a few things to sort out before the spring (or whenever Lockdown #3 eventually ends), including a twisted & leaking filler pipe on the water tank which soaks the floor under the wardrobe, sourcing and coding a spare key for a MK 6 Transit without having to take out a second mortgage, and fixing the spring mechanism in the fly screen on the rear window. We're looking forward to geting away again and enjoying those long country walks in the summer sunshine. Either that or we'll be camping out on the drive . .  . .  And, of course, we'd like to pass on any info we can to others and exchange notes on good places to stay, far from the madding crowd.
studying
Roger C
Roger C

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2022

Granvia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004 Empty Re: Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:24 am

Hi janey and Roger
Welcome to the forum from Bridington, you should get some help later when the forum warms up.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004 Empty Re: Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004

Post by roli Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 am

asof_welcome2
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:46 am

Hello and welcome from the top corner of Lincolnshire. Yet another Ford owner I see. I can’t promise  to help with all you’re faults but I will see what I can do.
The rear window blind I have written about on the forum but if you need any further help let me know. The issue of the key may be something a key cutting shop might sort out. I got a new key for ours programmed at a local locksmith. 
The control panel will be a matter of try it and see what works, that’s what we did. The lights issue may need more thinking about.
Just ask, the Ford owners are growing on the Forum.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:34 am

:asof_welcome2

micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am

Check out Facebook Marketplace for your key, lots of mobile providers around , I had spare remote key made by one in my area, half the price of Peugeot (in my case) including programming.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Hope this helps:
RE: the Pollensa's control panel. Various ones were fitted at different times. I'm not sure whether a 2004 panel is the same as ours - pic below. If it is, the following list may help identify what the various switches do (apart from the obvious ones, like "pump"! Also you may have a manual toilet flush and I think the earlier Pollensa models didn't have a strip light above the table mounted over the OS window. 

2006 AS Pollensa Control Panel:
Lights, rocker switch top left:
NS spotlights (2)
Bathroom light
Cocktail cabinet (interior light)
Habitation step light
Outside light (under awning)
Strip light front (over Luton bed)

Lights, rocker switch bottom right:
OS spotlights (2)
Strip light over kitchen
Strip light over living area
Strip light over OS window

Rocker switch no. 1:
Cooker piezo ignition
Truma gas water heater ignition

Rocker switch no. 2:
Toilet flush

Rocker switch no. 3:
12v socket (in top (TV) cupboard)

Newbie, Suffolk/Norfolk, AS Pollensa 2004 2006_p11
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Timpsons at supermarkets can supply and program keys. They supplied spares for our Peugeot at a fraction of the price charged by the Peugeot dealer.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum.  wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger C Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:26 am

Thank you all for your warm welcome, and the info on control panel, keys, especially to @Slow-Lane for info on the Control Panel. Sooo relieved to find someone else has different switches for the OS and NS spots; though someone had been doing a bit of re-wiring. Can't work out the logic of it myself, but hey-ho.  smile!
Roger C
Roger C

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:35 am

I'm glad you found it helpful. I'm guessing the logic of splitting the lights across two switches would be for resilience; if one light circuit failed you would have some lights on the other circuit.

Nice to see another Ford Pollensa owner on the forum.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger C Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:20 am

Slow-Lane wrote:I'm glad you found it helpful. I'm guessing the logic of splitting the lights across two switches would be for resilience; if one light circuit failed you would have some lights on the other circuit.

Nice to see another Ford Pollensa owner on the forum.
Ah.  Now that makes sense. Thank you.
Roger C
Roger C

Male

Back to top Go down