The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Go down

Clubman Habitation door panel removal Empty Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Post by Careymack on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm

I want to replace the door panel on our 1997 Clubman but am flumoxed by how to remove the inside door handle and lock.  I can pries it out a smidgen looking for pins, clips or any clue but it has me beat. I have looked everywhere on forum the but no luck.  Somebody said they were Mondeo handles.  Any ideas?
Careymack
Careymack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Clubman Habitation door panel removal Empty Re: Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Post by Roymck on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Around the door handle fitting there is a plastic surround . This is in two pieces and they lock together . One bit slides forwards and the other bit slides backwards . The door panel hole is now larger than the door handle so the panel comes off and leaves the handle in place screwed onto the door frame .
They are a BMC part used on many cars or the period .
Roymck
Roymck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Clubman Habitation door panel removal Empty Re: Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Post by Careymack on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am

Roymck,
OMG you are a star. So simple and easy - already done.  

I am doing a complete renovation of our Clubman which, in large part is a war on carpet.  The door panel was the final piece of resistance but now its crumbling into submission. Thank you so much.
Careymack
Careymack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum