The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubman Habitation door panel removal

2 posters

Go down

Clubman Habitation door panel removal Empty Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Post by Careymack Sun 22 Nov 2020 - 17:40

I want to replace the door panel on our 1997 Clubman but am flumoxed by how to remove the inside door handle and lock.  I can pries it out a smidgen looking for pins, clips or any clue but it has me beat. I have looked everywhere on forum the but no luck.  Somebody said they were Mondeo handles.  Any ideas?
Careymack
Careymack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Clubman Habitation door panel removal Empty Re: Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Post by Roymck Sun 22 Nov 2020 - 19:27

Around the door handle fitting there is a plastic surround . This is in two pieces and they lock together . One bit slides forwards and the other bit slides backwards . The door panel hole is now larger than the door handle so the panel comes off and leaves the handle in place screwed onto the door frame .
They are a BMC part used on many cars or the period .
Roymck
Roymck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Clubman Habitation door panel removal Empty Re: Clubman Habitation door panel removal

Post by Careymack Mon 23 Nov 2020 - 8:34

Roymck,
OMG you are a star. So simple and easy - already done.  

I am doing a complete renovation of our Clubman which, in large part is a war on carpet.  The door panel was the final piece of resistance but now its crumbling into submission. Thank you so much.
Careymack
Careymack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down