The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shower rack

4 posters

Go down

Shower rack  Empty Shower rack

Post by Redboy Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Just wondering how others are getting on with rust issues on the wire rack which is fitted to many models Ours was rusty after 12 months and after  complaining to dealer they said they would replace it (that Took another 12 months  and many phone calls ) I insisted it had to be a direct replacement and I wouldn’t except more holes in wall . The new one didn’t look very shiny although was not rusty but soon became very rust after we have used the mh since lockdown I suspect the dealer cleaned it up with wire wool or something similar. Now out of warranty so no point in contacting dealership as the were unhelpful on most of our warranty issue only really interested in habitation checks that they could charge for ( but they have lost that business now.) Just interest if  anyone has a quick solution as I am considering on making a new one with stainless weld mesh ( possibly with smaller holes to avoid smaller things falling through ) with the same fixing centre Perhaps I will post my remanufactured rack on here to see if there is interest before I go into mass production 
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Shower rack  Empty Re: Shower rack

Post by Paramedic Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Our shower rack has a minimum amount of rust also the one over the sink, more so where the cutlery is placed as it's a bit more fiddly to clean. It's just a case of being aware and removing the rust more regularly. As with any chrome fitment in a wet environment say domestic shower/bathroom it will eventually show signs of rust including the most expensive products. At home, storage rack for shower gel/shampoo etc is now a plastic design same goes for toilet brush holder set.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:03 pm

One other thing that you could consider is getting it powder coated, as that should make it very resistant indeed to any further corrosion. We've considered having that done to the (supposedly chromed) fridge shelves in the Trooper - the main constraint here being to find a powder coating company that is interested in doing such small jobs (our local one isn't).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 pm

I would look round B n Q  etc and perhaps find a suitable replacement.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down