The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo/Broadway Loo roll holder

Go down

Nuevo/Broadway Loo roll holder Empty Nuevo/Broadway Loo roll holder

Post by Pete F on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:42 pm

I've had two problems with the loo roll holder in the van. One the roll coming off the holder during travel and two the holder itself coming off the wall.
The first was cured by the use of some heat shrink tubing, fitted to the open end of the holder, extending it enough to prevent the problem. 
The second was replacing the screws with two 3mm stainless bolts going through the wall into the cavity under the wardrobe. I used a piece of strip aluminium for support and nuts behind. I used the aluminium because the screw holes didn't align properly. So by using the drawer rail it has kept the screws perfectly placed.
There is enough space to do this.

this comfortably.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete F
Pete F

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Cymro, gemdeco, Paramedic and IMP like this post

Back to top Go down

Nuevo/Broadway Loo roll holder Empty Re: Nuevo/Broadway Loo roll holder

Post by Gromit on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Like it, specially the heatshrink tubing.

My sort of lateral thinking.  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by HJA on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:37 pm

I find that if I squash the loo roll so it is no longer circular, it doesnt come off the holder.
HJA
HJA

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Jaytee and mcalid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks Pete, I  am waiting for our toilet roll holder and the towel rail to fall off. As fitted to the Rienza the screws go into the wardrobe wall that is paper thin making the screws very short. 
I can see me putting reinforcing plates in the wardrobe when they fall off. The plates will be mostly behind the table when stowed in the wardrobe so won’t be too obvious.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Nice, that won't fall off.

My Loo Roll holder hasn't fallen off yet, the Shower Riser did on our first trip whist driving after about 5 miles. There is no access for a plate behind unfortunately and the back wall is a foam sandwich, the fixing screw rips a hole in the fiberglass 2mm skin. I asked A-S for their repair method recommendations, no reply, so I plugged the hole, successfully up to now.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Pete F likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:35 pm

The shower riser problem is not new to me. We had a riser rail and the bracket for the head was fitted to a stud wall. Of coarse the screws were into the plasterboard not the studs. After trying cavity wall plugs we had to use the sprung toggle type plugs.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Pete F likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete F on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:27 pm

As regards the shower riser, I had a similar problem with the press studs holding the mattress to the wall. I got round it by using a tool mounted hollow wall fixing. The problem was the screw head did not fit the press stud until I turned it down on both diameter and thickness until there was only just enough to engage the screwdriver. It works well even if it is a bit of a faff.
Pete F
Pete F

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Yesterday at 10:06 pm

My side sofa seat cushion zips undid themselves - the type of undoing where you get the zipper on one set of teeth and not the other. The teeth gauge of the zips is quite inadequate but I suppose proper zips cost a penny haypenny more and that woud never do would it? I looked up on youtube how to get the zipper back on to the other half, I managed to do up 3" of zip, superglued the teeth together, waited two minutes for it to set, did the zip up another 3" and superglued it, and so on until the whole zip was done up again except for the inch near one end where I first got the zipper on. I figure if the upholstery is ever replaced they will cut the zip off anyway so it doesn't matter if it is glued shut. At least it won't fall apart of its own accord again.
If they sewed the strap for fastening the cushions to the popper on the wall on the other side of the zip, it wouldn't come undone because the pulling strain would be in the direction of pulling the two halves of the zip towards each other. As it is, when you pull on the strap you are pulling the zip apart and as the teeth are so tiny they just give way. Another case of a nil cost improvement - or of no brains in the thinking department. They don't have a thinking department, do they?
gassygassy
gassygassy

Male

Pete F likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Yesterday at 10:41 pm

Meanwhile 1.2 MILLION people have died from Covid.  :backpacker:

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

http://www.petetaylor.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Nuevo/Broadway Loo roll holder Empty I Haven't.

Post by mcalid Yesterday at 11:42 pm

Pete Taylor wrote:Meanwhile 1.2 MILLION people have died from Covid.  :backpacker:
Most of we Motorhomers know how to keep our distance Pete and as you are of a similar age as I am then be thankful that we never had to face this pandemic when we were in our prime.
None of us on this forum can cure it so why can't we continue to enjoy our chats?
We are not going to be infected online so if you don't like this forum just leave, we will miss you as much as you will us, I'm sure.
mcalid
mcalid

Male

Vehicle Year : 2008

Pete F and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Today at 9:10 am

Calm down people. gimmefive
We are trying to remember what it was like when we could go motorhoming! Now is the time we can get inside and underneath them and fix things. Usually things that should have been done properly in the factory. However, if they were properly built, we would have nothing to do with ourselves! twiddle_thumbs
If we listen to the news we get the same old stuff every day and it's nice to think of something else. I could spout some statistics showing that the current unpleasntness is nothing like as bad as what even some of us when younger have gone through. But I won't. I'll go shopping, I'll fix my camper, I'll go for a bike ride and I'll go and do my volunteering work at Bletchley Park. If I am not allowed out of the house, I will find out in due course.
gassygassy
gassygassy

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum