The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casting a film to a firestick

2 posters

Go down

Casting a film to a firestick Empty Casting a film to a firestick

Post by Sally Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 am

I think I read on here a comment about how you can ‘cast’ a downloaded amazon film onto a firestick, to watch on the tv.

I have an iPhone, with the amazon prime video app, which I’ve used to download a few films onto the phone.  Can anyone explain in very simple terms how I can play the film through the firestick which is in the Avtex tv.

Many thanks
Sally
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Casting a film to a firestick Empty Re: Casting a film to a firestick

Post by Greyhound Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:21 pm

You just need a casting app:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/video-tv-cast-fire-tv-app/id979567301

To be honest if you have an iPhone you're probably better off simply getting the Apple HDMI cable so you can plug the iPhone straight into the Avtex.

We do it a lot and it works really well.  Then you can also stream movies etc if you have a good signal without needing to setup hotspots etc.

If you do go this route, get the official Apple connector as the cheap Chinese copies quite often fail to connect.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Casting a film to a firestick Empty Re: Casting a film to a firestick

Post by Sally Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Greyhound wrote:You just need a casting app:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/video-tv-cast-fire-tv-app/id979567301

To be honest if you have an iPhone you're probably better off simply getting the Apple HDMI cable so you can plug the iPhone straight into the Avtex.

We do it a lot and it works really well.  Then you can also stream movies etc if you have a good signal without needing to setup hotspots etc.

If you do go this route, get the official Apple connector as the cheap Chinese copies quite often fail to connect.
That’s great thanks. 

I’ve got a MiFi and data only sim, played through the Firestick. It’s to replace the poor aerial. But someone mentioned that if you watch a downloaded amazon movie it saves using the data. I just can’t remember what they said, but it may have been an app. 

I’ve had a look at the app you linked to, but it suggests that mirroring etc is a paid for add on.  I might have got that wrong though.

Thanks for your help
Sally
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down