The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza Window Leak

3 posters

Go down

Rienza Window Leak Empty Rienza Window Leak

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:58 pm

I think I mentioned elsewhere that we found the bottom pleats of our n/s rear window blind damp and smelly last weekend out.
After last nights torrential rain I thought it would be a good idea to check the blind again. Of coarse it was wet again and the bottom channel was wet and the seat cushion was a bit damp at the top.
As a first first thing to try I re sealed the window frame. I am getting better at getting the frame out. The top screws are still a bit of a challenge. From the effort it took to get the frame out I don’t think that was the source of the leak. 
I think they are, scuse spelling sieze windows. The seal between the opening bit  and the frame looks ok and is still soft. There is no way of adjusting the catches. Has any one replaced the seal. 
This window has been out three times I think. The back one twice, once was a mistake. None of the others have leaked so far.
I am a bit wary of leaks in this area after the repairs to that corner of the inside panels. I don’t fancy another large bill.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Rienza Window Leak Empty Re: Rienza Window Leak

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Just a quick follow up regarding the damp blinds. It rains last night and most of this morning and the window channel appears dry. The blind is also dry:scratch head:
Management has been out and lightly scrubbed the marks off the blind were it was stained. Until the blind is dry again we have left it closed.
I might look into replacing the glass to frame seal. For now I have sprayed it with some silicone.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Dave, my N/S rear 2004 Rienza window fly screen roller blind decided to either break or the spring completely came unwound last weekend. Have done lots of internet searching and looks like it is a Seitz SP4 and needs the inner frame to be removed to facilitate a repair. Any advice on removing the inner frame would be gratefully received to be forewarned and forearmed and time will tell if it is the spring or broken bracket. Believe the top screws are a bit of a challenge.

(Sorry to Shanghai your post) 

Regards, Peter
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 pm

Installation manual here for a s4

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Yes Peter the top row of screws are a challenge. You will need to remove the trim panels at each end of the window. The trim panel to the right of the rear window has to come off before the side one will come off. After that you will find four covers over the mounting screws on the bottom, top and both sides. Once you have taken them off you will see the positions of the bottom screws. The top are in the same place under the top locker. I managed to put a screwdriver bit on a 1/4 square drive ratchet. This how the guys took the screws out the first time we had the window re sealed.
The fly screen is held under tension by two little white plastic brackets. Be very careful re tensioning the blind.I used the new bracket to tension the roller. As I got plenty of tension in mine and it slipped out of my grip. The plastic bracket flew round slicing into my fingers. 
There is something on You tube about this job. I think there was some mention of a tool to hold the end.
The model number for the window is in the top right corner of the window on the outside. Apparently the S5 has pleated blinds. The S4 has a roller blind. I found this information on the internet from a search for Sietze window spares. I have written down the source of the information. I will pass it on when I find it.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:15 pm

The information I found was on Liesure Spares web site. Pm me if you need any more help Peter. I think we are too far apart to help you in person unless you fancy a trip to this corner of Lincolnshire.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:22 am

Thank you FreelanderUK - valuable and very helpful information.

Very much appreciated.

Peter
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 am

Top man Dave - again valuable and very helpful information which has helped me immensely. 

I have already found Leisure Spares web site thanks Dave so this, together with FreelanderUK instruction manual link and your very clear instructions, has prepared me with tackling the task from a well informed position.

Very much appreciated.

Peter
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am

Hi Dave - hope your window issue sorted.

Just to say your write up was a big help thank you along with the diagrams I downloaded - the problem turned out to be a broken locator plastic retainer bush. Two ordered yesterday (one spare) and just arrived so of to install and reassemble.

Peter
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:14 pm

So far it looks like the damp blind issue has been resolved but we will monitor it.
Good luck with the tensioning Peter. I will hold my breath and hope it dosnt slip. I think it was about twenty turns to get the tension right. You can check the tension before you re fit the frame.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 am

Repair all done and back to normal - top screws behind the cabinets were challenging.

Thank you for all the input, it was very much appreciated.

Stay safe everyone.

Peter
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 am

Repair all done and back to normal - top screws behind the cabinets were challenging.

Thank you for all the input, it was very much appreciated.

Stay safe everyone.

Peter
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Thanks for the update Peter. Hopefully we shouldnt  have that job to do for a while now. 
The back window is different if you have to re seal that one or sort the blind.. The top row of screws are in the lockers rather than underneath. I havnt tackled the bathroom or kitchen windows yet. happyno
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down