The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Es Alarms

+2
Paulmold
peterminchin
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo Es Alarms Empty Nuevo Es Alarms

Post by peterminchin Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Picking up a new Nuevo ES soon and am looking for advice on a suitable internal / perimeter alarm that adds to the already fitted tracker and immobiliser
peterminchin
peterminchin

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Es Alarms Empty Re: Nuevo Es Alarms

Post by Paulmold Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:33 pm

If its the Sargent tracker, then Sargent do alarm system to link to it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:01 pm

I'm not an alarm geek but as I understand it there are two types - a caravan alarm and a vehicle alarm.  Only vehicle alarms can be fitted to motorhomes as their siren is restricted to less than 30 seconds - normally 25 seconds - whereas caravan sirens are not restricted in this way.  Apparently the same or a similar Sargent power control system to ours is available for use in caravans for which Sargent supply an alarm powered from the leisure battery but it’s a caravan alarm not a vehicle alarm so it’s of no use to Auto-Sleepers or us.  If Sargent supplied a vehicle alarm for motorhomes which they don’t, Auto-Sleepers could specify it as a standard or optional fit. 

Last year the Auto-Sleepers Group through its Marquis dealership supplied my new Nuevo with a Thatcham Cat 2-1 Vodaphone Cobra A4615 vehicle alarm with built in vehicle immobilisation (which I don't think a caravan alarm will do).  This was the alarm that Marquis recommended.  It is powered from the vehicle battery rather than the leisure battery and its siren has a rechargeable standby battery should the vehicle battery be tampered with.  Arming and disarming the alarm works through the cab and habitation door central locking just as it would on a car.  It has ultrasonic internal sensors and perimetric protection on all the doors, bonnet and the external storage hatch.  It was fitted for Marquis by TSN Automotive who I understand cover a large area.

The alarm complements the Thatcham Cat 6-7 paid tracker service (£95 per year) in that it tries to stop the motorhome from being stolen whereas the paid tracker service helps locate and recover the motorhome after it has been stolen.  The alarm provides protection against the motorhome being broken into and having its contents stolen or trashed which the tracker alone does not do.  It may also give advance warning of the motorhome being stolen.  I gather from this Forum that some new owners only have the paid tracker service and don’t bother with an alarm on the grounds that vehicle alarms are often ignored.  Personally, I think it's best to have both.

The only problem I have with my alarm is that it has not been correctly wired to the AS Monitor (also referred to as Auto-sleepers LOCATE) comms unit so that a SMS/e-mail alarm alert can be setup with the owner on AS Monitor (section 5.2 of the AS Monitor User Guide refers) and for the manned tracker ops room in Bedford to be alerted if the alarm is triggered.  I am still waiting for Auto-Sleepers to resolve this.  
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:04 pm

peterminchin wrote:Picking up a new Nuevo ES soon and am looking for advice on a suitable internal / perimeter alarm that adds to the already fitted tracker and immobiliser
Hi Peter
Welcome to the forum from Bridington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:32 pm

Apologies, I wasn't aware of the difference between caravan and 'car' alarm regulations. I just saw that Sargent did alarms so assumed that they matched with their trackers.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:38 pm

if your going to fit an alarm make sure your insurance will give you discount with the alarm you fit . the cobra system that caraman has said is a common alarm fitted
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:55 pm

I should have added that TSN Automotive offered the Cobra alarm with protection for bikes on the rear bike rack with a cable threaded through the bikes that is plugged at both ends to the back of the motorhome.  If the cable is cut or removed after the alarm has been armed it will be triggered.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:46 pm

My Nuevo has an alarm fitted , a Strikeback Growler!  Installed by Vanbitz (Taunton) 0823 321992

Bit far away maybe they know of an installer in your area.

Van has not been stolen yet.

RG
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:00 pm

The code is 01823 321992
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:54 am

Whatever vehicle alarm you have fitted its worth reading S5.2 of the AS Monitor User Guide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first and ask the alarm fitter to speak to Sargent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to establish how it should be 'suitably wired' if you want it integrated with the tracker.  It doesn't have to be integrated with the tracker but security is enhanced if it is as the triggered alarm will alert both the owner (through an automated SMS and/or e-mail) and the manned tracker ops room who may phone the owner.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down