The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Ek

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo Ek Empty Nuevo Ek

Post by mcalid Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm

The flush in the toilet of my 2008 Nuevo has given up the ghost.
I have opened up the little panel beneath the flush button and the tank is full of gunge, I have looked for a dump valve but can find no trace of one.
I will have to empty the tank to give it a good clean.
I am also having trouble removing the plastic covering the switch and connecting wires beneath the flush button as I will have to replace the defunct pump. I have removed the rubber cover but I don't want to break the plastic one underneath.
Any help greatly appreciated.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Ek Empty Re: Nuevo Ek

Post by bikeralw Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Inside the cassette compartment top left should be a black rubber bung, pull this out to drain. The reason the pump isn't working might be because the fuse has blown, maybe caused by the gunge blocking the pump. This fuse is located in the bung area.
I'd check this before ordering a pump.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:47 pm

bikeralw wrote:Inside the cassette compartment top left should be a black rubber bung, pull this out to drain. The reason the pump isn't working might be because the fuse has blown, maybe caused by the gunge blocking the pump. This fuse is located in the bung area.
Al.
Thanks for the reply Al.
Yes, I did find a blown fuse in the cassette locker but I didn't have a spare and I wasn't sure if it was only for the "Empty Cassette", warning.
I will change it tomorrow.
I did see a small rubber bung, top left, as you said in the cassette compartment. I wasn't sure what it was for so left it in as seemed a bit small for a drain plug. I will pull it tomorrow.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply and I hope that you will be back on the road again now that Boris is letting us out.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:26 pm

mcalid wrote:
bikeralw wrote:Inside the cassette compartment top left should be a black rubber bung, pull this out to drain. The reason the pump isn't working might be because the fuse has blown, maybe caused by the gunge blocking the pump. This fuse is located in the bung area.
Al.
Thanks for the reply Al.
Yes, I did find a blown fuse in the cassette locker but I didn't have a spare and I wasn't sure if it was only for the "Empty Cassette", warning.
I will change it tomorrow.
I did see a small rubber bung, top left, as you said in the cassette compartment. I wasn't sure what it was for so left it in as seemed a bit small for a drain plug. I will pull it tomorrow.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply and I hope that you will be back on the road again now that Boris is letting us out.
Great advice!
Everything found as explained and now everything cleaned and repaired.
Thanks Al, you have saved me a lot of grief and a bit of money as well.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Cheers for the update on this. Great result!
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:24 am

The gunge is usually the pink additive that people insist on adding to flush water. It lines the sides of the tank and gradually builds up over time. It's responsible for the unsightly dark bits that find themselves in the toilet bowl and can lead to pipe and pump blockages. 

My van toilet was a model without a separate water tank or pump and used the van's fresh water tank and pump for flushing. Obviously you couldn't add pink to water that was also going to be used in the sink and go through a boiler too. My toilet operated perfectly well without pink and saved me carrying and buying one bottle too.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 am

Very true Andy. I gave up using the pink additive many years ago. Plain water only in the flush tank. Like many 'must have' things to do with motorhomes, it just seems to be manufactures ways of getting us to part with money.
I don't use the blue or green stuff in the cassette either, much cheaper and better for the environment is liquid bio wash. I just add a capful with a litre of water, and Bob's your whatsit.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down