The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back up Blogger blog before June changes

2 posters

Go down

Back up Blogger blog before June changes Empty Back up Blogger blog before June changes

Post by Quilter Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:42 pm

If, like me, you use Blogger to record your van trips then be aware that Blogger sent the following message recently on Blogger dashboards.

In late June, the new Blogger interface will become the default for all users. The legacy interface will still be available as an option. We recommend trying the new interface by clicking 'Try the new Blogger' in the left-hand navigation. Please file any critical issues encountered.

It goes on to say:

We’ll be moving everyone to the new interface over the coming months. Starting in late June, many Blogger creators will see the new interface become their default, though they can revert to the old interface by clicking “Revert to legacy Blogger” in the left-hand navigation. By late July, creators will no longer be able to revert to the legacy Blogger interface.  

Being an eternal pessimist I have just backed up my blogs from Day 1 to the present so that, if the whole thing results in a complete dog's breakfast, I can at least recover the text. It takes only a few minutes and, while the result is in an.xml file format, it can be re-loaded to Blogger or to another blog platform later. I don't like the sound of that " any critical issues" bit.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Back up Blogger blog before June changes Empty Re: Back up Blogger blog before June changes

Post by brodco Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:51 am

Hi  wave

Quilter wrote:Being an eternal pessimist I have just backed up my blogs from Day 1

Very sensible and in my view pessimistic is the best state to be in - things can only be as you expect or better. up!

Don’t know anything about “Blogger” but it’s really essential to back up everything anyway, If you’ve got anything stored online you can never be sure how good the service providers’ data security is. The biggest and the best get hit occasionally. Even stuff stored on your own machine needs to be backed up in dependently and stored “off line”,

Why not produce your blog using your favourite word processor and then, work done,  just upload the pictures and text from there?

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down