The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

motorhome depot

Go down

motorhome depot Empty motorhome depot

Post by macvanessa on Wed May 13, 2020 11:36 pm

I see from previous  posts that one or two members have bought from Motorhome Depot with no problems.  Does anyone know how it works if there is a problem with the van after purchase - is there any comeback against Motorhome Depot or is a buyer left to battle with the previous owner?  And what about trade-ins - does MD take on the purchasers old van?
macvanessa
macvanessa

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

motorhome depot Empty Re: motorhome depot

Post by Lancy on Thu May 14, 2020 9:21 am

We have sold and bought through them. MD offer a warranty that the buyer can purchase. There is no come back on the seller and MD do their own superficial checks on the vehicle as well as ensuring a certain life on the MOT, service and habitation certificates before taking it on.  There is not a part exchange as such as they do not hold stock as it is a Franchise company. Mr L when faced with Redundancy some years ago he thought about buying a Franchise as what he does not know about motorhomes is not worth knowing...until I reminded him that he was no salesperson and even worse at making purchase decisions. He quickly agreed, which was about the quickest decision I had seen him make for decades! 

I have to say in terms of the personal service it depends on the personality of the franchise holder who you deal with. Our local dealer is great. We have enquired about a van some distance away and that dealer was very curt.
Lancy
Lancy

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu May 14, 2020 10:08 am

Some franchisees are traders and do have their own stock as well so may well take part exchanges, depends on the agent, so worth asking.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancy on Thu May 14, 2020 10:20 am

Thanks Paulmold, I did not know that.  My new knowledge for today!
Lancy
Lancy

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 am

Just had a quick look on the Motorhome Depot website and found a van being sold by Cornwall Motorhome Centre with this disclaimer...

Please note this motorhome is not a brokerage sale, and is owned and sold by Cornwall Motorhome Centre, Consumer rights act of 2015 will apply.
Disclaimer...
This vehicle is not a brokerage unit and as such this means that it is compliant with the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by macvanessa on Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Thanks Paul and Lancy.  Re the Cornwall dealer - I came across the same thing with another one further north.
macvanessa
macvanessa

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum